Fastboy

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Misfit
Vic 20 Devotee

Fastboy

Post by Misfit »

Hi all,

My first VIC game Fastboy! I made it for LudumDare 48h competition.
It's very simple because it is made in 48 hours. But my next project is more complex and I will release it soon.. :D

Released : August 26th 2013
Requirements: Unexpanded VIC-20 + Disk Drive + Joystick
Tested : VICE 2.2 and real VIC-20 (PAL)
Download : d64

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Fastboy

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I like it. Do you have plans for it's future development or are you done with this one? I would really love to see the difficulty curve tweaked somehow. It ramps up really very quickly and within 3 or 4 screens it's basically a lottery. Can the speed up be more gradual while adding more baddies a little less frequently. How about a couple of different baddies? Or power ups for the 'antagonist'? Maybe invincibility or score multipliers? I see the foundation of a really nice game here (it has elements of Jeffs work in it if you ask me) and would love to see it grow...

Regardless of what you decide to do with it, what's your next project? I'm intrigued. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Misfit
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: Fastboy

Post by Misfit »

Thanks,

I do not have any development plans because I made it for LD competition and now it's "ready". It's true that I could add more enemies etc. but 48h is 48h :D