Looking for some recommendations..

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

dink
Vic 20 Newbie

Looking for some recommendations..

Post by dink »

Hi there,
I'm looking for some game recommendations for games with addictive arcade-like playability and really loud/arcade-type sound effects, games I've found so far like this are: Garden Wars, Dodo's Lair, Jetpac, Myriad, Demon Attack, Metagalactic Llamas, Matrix, Terraguard, Cloudburst.. Who knows, maybe I missed something? :)
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

By Anirog
Star Defence - best defender clone - 16k Good laser sounds

Anything By Jeff Minter / Llamasoft
Laser Zone 8k
Gridrunner unexpanded
Matrix 8k
Abductor unexpanded
Hellgate 8k

By Imagine
Frantic unexpanded
Arcadia unexpanded

Try Starpost - It can be paddles or joystick

Myriad up loud has to be best for sound - try leaving one alien alive and progressing to next wave - the 2 alien sound effects or more are played
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Shark Attack - Qix style arcade game where you have to fill the screen while avoiding killer sharks; a personal favourite that most people overlook (available on tape or as a PRG file).

Return to Fort Knox/Raid on Fort Knox - one of the best maze games you'll come across; the remastered Return to Fort Knox greatly improves on a winning formula (both games available on Mega-Cart).

Keyquest - hidden gem in the MC cartridge list; not sure how to classify this game but it's great fun.

VIC Rally X - great port of Rally X that is more readily available as Radar Rat Race if you don't mind driving a mouse instead of a truck (both games available on MC).

Traxx - another Jeff Minter classic and another screen filler like Qix (available on MC or on tape).

Beast of Eden - great collect em up (available on tape or as a TAP file).

Carling the Spider - another great collect em up (available from Psytronik on tape, disk or digital download).

Jelly Monsters - great Pac-Man clone and arguably the best way to play PM on the VIC (available on MC).

Berzerk MMX - great homebrew port of Berzerk from Denial member Robert Hurst (available on MC).

Arcadia - very hard space shoot em up and a true test of your arcade gaming skills (available on tape or MC).
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

English Invader wrote:Jelly Monsters - great Pac-Man clone and arguably the best way to play PM on the VIC (available on MC).
Very good PM clone indeed, but if you want a faithful port, try Quikman instead :wink: .
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

I'd like to add these two:

* Frogger '07 - plays like the arcade, and

* Omega Fury - great successor of Omega Race.
Dirk Vroomen
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Dirk Vroomen »

My all-time favorite, best gameplay so far: Skramble! from Terminal Software.

http://fgasking.wordpress.com/2006/05/2 ... -skramble/

Best regards,
Dirk
dink
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by dink »

Thanks for all the great suggestions!! :)

best regards & happy gaming,
- dink