German Magazine - Type-Ins - 64er

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

German Magazine - Type-Ins - 64er

Post by tokra »

This magazine was spun off "Happy Computer" once the publishing company realized there was a large demand for a Commodore-based magazine. In the early days of 64er it also featured some VIC-20 games and apps. Later when the magazine was nearly all C64 they issued 2 special-issues for C16 and VIC-20 in 1986.

Luckily most of the type-ins where offered on disc as well and images of these could be found on the net. For some earlier issues these are not available however, and I aim to fill those gaps. Again, I will leave out some of the applications unless they have some interesting value. Not really much use for an UNNEW or disc-copy-program nowadays.

April, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8404/8404.zip

KALENDER (+16K): Prints a montly calendar when you have a printer connected. Will calulcate weekdays and holidays, and you can make notes for each day.

RENNFAHRER (unexpanded VIC): Move you car with L and R. Don't forget to get fuel every 5 laps.
Peter
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Peter »

Living in the Netherlands I remember buying German magazines like 64’er & Homecomputer. Especially 64’er had some great Type-Ins. I think the some of the best are “Mousetrap
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Thank your for appreciating :-) The ones you mentioned were published in the special issues and a as such I will post those after I'm through with the monthly issues.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

May, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8405/8405.zip

SCHMATZER (unexpanded VIC): Get the points, avoid the monster... Move with joystick or , . J M
Note: Thanks to geopete for typing this in initially. I've amended a small typo I found he made when typing this in.

GRAFIK (+8K): A small paint-program with a neat feature. You can record a paint-routine by pressing F3 - paint what you want, press F3 again and recall your movements with F5. Otherwise the program is not very polished. For example: You may not paint over the borders as this will delete the machine-language part of the program.

SUPERGRAPHIK (unexpanded VIC): Paints a sine-curve on an unexpanded VIC. Noteworthy because it's a very small program and instead of setting up a bitmap it redefines characters dynamically and as such allowing a larger screen area to be filled with graphics (as long as enough characters are still blank)
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

June, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8406/8406.zip

UNDERGROUND (+16K): Was awarded type-in of the month. A multi-level game. First move through the elevators without hitting your head. Then collect all numbers in the correct order. The position will change every few seconds or if you press fire. Next collect the black creatures called "piplips" in the cave. The maze will constantly change when you pick up one. Be sure to get them all. Next another, more difficult, elevator level. Finally you got to avoid two moving objects. The difficulty here is that you cannot stop your movement until you hit a wall. There is a cheat to finish this level much more easily though. Try to figure it our for yourself.

GHOST MANOR (unexpanded VIC): Flee the manor. Use joystick or keys A Z B M N (O to start). At some places you need to do double-jumps. Do these by pressing fire and then the direction immediately afterwards (not at the same time).
Note: This game was later stolen with mildly changed graphics and re-issued in Compute Mit 10/85

MOVEMASTER (+8K): Tool to create a short animation (up to 47 pictures). I uploaded the manual as PDF, since it would take to long to explain.

LOGIC DISASSEMBLER (+8K): Tool to watch an assembler-program in process. Whenever a jump or branch occurs, you can follow it by pressing Y or skip it by N. If you want to exit press X.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

July, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8407/8407.zip

RAETSEL (+8K): Creates a word-puzzle on the screen, where you have to find the words inside the jumble. You can enter your own words in DATA-lines 700-999.

CROUSSAIDER (unexpanded VIC): Use your joystick to prevent the always advancing aliens to reach your planet. New level every 33 seconds. Watch our for the large motherships in level 3.
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

I have to say, I'm a little envious. The quality of games that I have seen here are way better then the magazines I'm working on right now. :cry:

Keep up the great work.
Rob
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

August, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8408/8408.zip

ESCAPE (unexpanded VIC): Escape the alien spaceships.

KUDIPLO (+3K): Curve sketching with your VIC. Requires a VC1520 Printer Plotter to work.

PRINAT_RESTOREN (all VICs): Adds 3 commands to BASIC:
£x,y - deletes from line x to y - e.g. £0,22 clears screen
@x,y"string" - prints string at position x,y - e.g. @0,0"VC-20"
RESTORE n - RESTORE-command now accepts a line number to set the data pointer
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

September, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8409/8409.zip

SCHIEBESPIEL (all VICs): Sort the letters vertically instead of horizontally. When you think you are finished press F1.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

October, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8410/8410.zip

EPEDEMIC (+8K): In the distant future (1989) a meteor storm is heading for Earth. To make things worse, it carries viruses that will infect humanity. You have to make decisions each day to keep the catastrophe as small as possible. First you can produce medicine, then you can shoot down meteors with rockets, you can administer medicine to areas that have been hit or you can nuke a continent to prevent the disease from spreading. Keep human losses to a minimum!
Note: A very dark strategy-game probably inspired by the movie "War Games" and the cold war in general. Please also note the german instructions. Maybe someone wants to translate the game itself?

DISKETTEN-ORGANISATION (+8K): Tool to do all kinds of disk operations

VIDEO-VORSPANN (unexpanded VIC): Create a "professional" studio-intro for your VHS-tapes. Enter data, then press F7 to go through some images. Totally useless nowadays :-)
Last edited by tokra on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

tokra wrote:Note: A very dark strategy-game probably inspired by the movie "War Games" and the cold war in general. Please also not the german instructions. Maybe someone wants to translate the game itself?
Yes pleeeeeeaseee.... Someone please translate the game and its instructions! Too bad I don't know German... :?
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

November, 1984:

Note: Games for the VIC were becoming rare in the 64er magazine by now. Instead you got interesting apps and tools. They had some great games in the special issues, though, so stay tuned.

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8411/8411.zip

LATERNA MAGICA (unexpanded VIC): Do animations with the VIC. German manual

PSEUDO-SPRITES (+8K): Tool to create and animate sprite-like objects with UDGs. German manual

BETRIEBSSYSTEM-ERWEITERUNG (+24K): Some tools for programming in BASIC. Yes, it really has no splash-screen. German manual

SUPERGRAFIK II (unexpanded VIC): An expanded version of SUPERGRAPHIK from the May issue. This one does so on a screen size of 200x256 on an unexpanded VIC. This is done by dynamically redefining characters. You need to have enough blank areas left, so this is no bitmap mode.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

December, 1984:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8412/8412.zip

MATHEMATICAL BASIC (+24K - or RAM in BLK3): A BASIC-extension with focus on mathematical funtions. German manual

FAST TAPE (all VICs): A turbo tape for the VIC20. Use !S to save and !L to load.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

January, 1985:

http://www.tokra.de/vic/64er/8501/8501.zip

CHECKSUMMER (all VICs): The type-in aid from this issue onwards. Only for completists.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

tokra wrote:MATHEMATICAL BASIC (+24K - or RAM in BLK3): A BASIC-extension with focus on mathematical funtions. German manual
Thanks for the manual! I had the disk image once downloaded from arnold, but no copy of the instructions, but without instructions you effectively cannot use the extension. No point in guessing around how the syntax of the commands and functions might be, even if you can get a list of all available keywords by taking a quick look in the VICE monitor ...

'EPEDEMIC' looks like a promising candidate to be enhanced with MINIGRAFIK ... ;)
Last edited by Mike on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.