Finished: FACE VERSUS HEEL (Pro Wrestling game)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Great job! Even if wrestling isn't exactly my cup of tea as a computer game, I think this is very well done, and fun enough to last for a lot of games.. Even if it's quite difficult at the beginning :) .

Congratulations!
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

The A I is absolutely vicious.
The computer could have pinned me at anytime after the 3 minute mark but decided to cripple me further for another 45 seconds! :shock:
Learning all the time... :)
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

orion70 wrote:Great job! Even if wrestling isn't exactly my cup of tea as a computer game, I think this is very well done, and fun enough to last for a lot of games.. Even if it's quite difficult at the beginning :) .

Congratulations!
Thank you. When I was making it, I envisioned it to be one of those games that young people in the 1980s might get into -- like competing with each other how fast they can beat the computer and so on. I remember me and several friends playing "Speed Ski" for an entire Saturday. That's what I had in mind when making this game.
darkatx wrote:The A I is absolutely vicious.
The computer could have pinned me at anytime after the 3 minute mark but decided to cripple me further for another 45 seconds! :shock:
Well, the only AI is the program pick moves at random. Ultimately, it is a game of chance but one where the player tries to maximize their chances.

I played it for a couple of hours on a real VIC-20 yesterday. There was one particular match that went back and forth and I finally pull off the win at 4:59 (matches have a 5 minute time limit). I also remember another match where I had zero stamina and when the computer went for the pin, the game reached the time limit at the 2 count :)
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound