TGA - The Great Adventure

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

At least it lets you know that someone is playing your game and your efforts are being enjoyed.
Rob
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Of course! I really appreciate it. I didn't mean to be rough.
Kananga
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Kananga »

Played the latest v7 yesterday and didn't notice anything strange*. On my first attempt it took me 160 weeks to become a hero. It is more fun to win the way it is now :-)

Thanks for making a good game nice and stable, orion!

* I got a healing potion once for running away, but I am not too sure about it.
Buy the new Bug-Wizard, the first 100 bugs are free!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

You're welcome. :D
If you played the game for 160 weeks, it means that at least one person other than me gets hooked by it!

I'll try and beat your score :P .
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Finally got around to adding this into GB20 and having a go... I'm pretty impressed, it's a nice game and pretty easy to pick up and play.

I fought against 4 slavedriver (should be "slavedrivers" I figure) but that's the only grammar issue I've seen after all the other changes so far ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Kananga
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Kananga »

Yesterday, I had all stats except strength at 20 and enough money for the best sword around week 90. Then, as a proper hero, I killed the vampire and it took me until week 169 to collect the money (20k) and bring strength up from 10 to 20.
Good fun! :)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Mayhem wrote:Finally got around to adding this into GB20 and having a go... I'm pretty impressed, it's a nice game and pretty easy to pick up and play.
I'm glad I could retain the look and feel of the original game, yet cutting a lot of text to save memory :) .
Mayhem wrote:I fought against 4 slavedriver (should be "slavedrivers" I figure) but that's the only grammar issue I've seen after all the other changes so far ;)
Ouch, I didn't see this. Ah yes, it's because they fight in a compact battle line, so they look as one :roll: .
Kananga wrote:Yesterday, I had all stats except strength at 20 and enough money for the best sword around week 90. Then, as a proper hero, I killed the vampire and it took me until week 169 to collect the money (20k) and bring strength up from 10 to 20.
So most part of your quest was to increase only two stats! Interesting to see how many "different games" one could play..
Kananga
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Kananga »

orion70 wrote:So most part of your quest was to increase only two stats! Interesting to see how many "different games" one could play..
Actually it was just one stat: strength. Combat skill was >500% in the end. (I should have taken a picture of the final screen ;-) )

Strength is the only stat you can only increase in Babbakesh, am I right?
Charisma, luck and endurance increase due to quests won, charms found during quests etc., dexterity & intelligence by magic potions.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Kananga wrote:Actually it was just one stat: strength. Combat skill was >500% in the end. (I should have taken a picture of the final screen ;-) )
:shock: I guess you were killing monsters only by looking at them!
Kananga wrote:Strength is the only stat you can only increase in Babbakesh, am I right?
Right. I don't know if this is good for the general balance of the game, but again this was the original author's idea.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I lucked out on the game I played to give it a run through, all my initial stats except intelligence were at least 17! Sadly I got ambushed by two large groups of enemies around week 50 and my endurance got pummelled to death before I could use a healing potion. By that point all my stats bar INT were 19 or 20, I was saving up money for the sword and to buy INT boosts in Babbakesh.

I did appreciate having high destiny from the off, meant I could almost always ambush a group and kill one automatically heh.

So the conditions for winning are: all stats over 19, combat over 200%, hold at least 20,000 money and have a magic sword?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Kananga
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Kananga »

Mayhem wrote:So the conditions for winning are: all stats over 19, combat over 200%, hold at least 20,000 money and have a magic sword?
As I understood, you only need all stats 20 and combat skill > 200%.
You need a sword just for killing vampires and werewolves.
e5frog
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by e5frog »

Kananga wrote:
Mayhem wrote:So the conditions for winning are: all stats over 19, combat over 200%, hold at least 20,000 money and have a magic sword?
As I understood, you only need all stats 20 and combat skill > 200%.
You need a sword just for killing vampires and werewolves.

You really NEED a sword though, it's really tricky to get that far without stumbling upon one of those horrible creatures. ;-)
My other interest: http://channelf.se
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I confirm everything. You guys are becoming real experts in this game! :wink:
Kananga
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Kananga »

Yesterday, a friend came over and I showed him TGA v7. He immediately liked the game, although he died on his first quest.
(He also disliked the picture preview ;-) )
The game now runs quite smoothly, is fun to play and I didn't notice any more bugs. Great work!
Last edited by Kananga on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

:D Happy to read this.
Well, I had some success in becoming a hero too, but it took almost forever - I don't even want to write how many weeks :oops: .
I think the gameplay is now even better than the C64 counterpart.

I'll see if it's the case to eliminate the preview :wink: .