Island of Secrets Graphic Adventure

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

:oops: Thanks Lozza, it took a while but the result is nice. I hope I'll have time to add graphics to more adventures in the future.
smartgenes
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: VIC20 Island os Fecrets, Orion70

Post by smartgenes »

Hi is it still possible to get a download of the remake of Island of Secrets?
Thanks
Smartgenes
orion70 wrote:Name: Island of Secrets Graphic Adventure - 22 column version
Authors: Jenny Tyler and Les Howarth

Download:
Disk, walkthrough, and map
Clues
Original game manual and listing (6.8 MB)
PAL palette suggested for best game performance in VICE emulator.

To play, simply type LOAD"*",8 and RUN. Wait for the program to load, then type LOOK in locations where graphics are available.
Discuss this adventure here.
(mod: post moved to here from the Announcement thread. Please use the discussion threads for these kind of questions. Thanks.)
orion70
VICtalian

Re: Island of Secrets Graphic Adventure

Post by orion70 »

Unfortunately, I only saved the original game (attached). My external HD went irreparably KO three years ago (hundreds of personal pictures, plus everything VIC before 2014). Moreover, the vic20.it site seems to be down, and I don't know why. It was created by Nbla000 in the first place, but I don't know if it's down for technical reasons or it's my fault (nobody ever asked me to pay for it though).

Important notice: should anyone have game and docs produced by Orion originally found in the http://sites.google.com/a/vic20.it/files/index/orion70/ folder, i.e. all my games and manuals circa 2006-2012, please drop me a line, and I'll try and save them somewhere else, redundantly, and in safe places. Thank you.

This is most sad - not only my VIC passion is being shrunk by Real Life(TM), but some of the very best production seems to be lost forever :(. Most games are widespread though (VICtoria et al.), so I'll try and recollect everything in a single big repository.
Attachments
iosga.zip
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Mayhem
High Bidder

Re: Island of Secrets Graphic Adventure

Post by Mayhem »

I thought I'd have the map and clues in GB20, but evidently not :? just have the text only and graphics versions of IoS, and the 40 column render of it too.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...