DragonQuest

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

DragonQuest

Post by GreyGhost »

I just finished typing in Dragon Quest out of RUN Magazine May 1984.

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1101290,d ... est-0k.zip

It's pretty cool. I didn't find this in any archive. There is the original tape version and another version to work on disk. Also included in the archive is a text of the magazine article telling you how to play.

Hope you enjoy :D

Later,
Rob
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Thanks for sharing, Rob. :) I'll take a look at it.

Heather
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Downloaded it. I look forward to trying it out a little later. BTW: I like your updated site. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

:lol: LOL at Heather's avatar. I had recently tried to explain the VIC hobby to a friend, and I compared it to Furries. The dedication and distance from the mainstream (even the misconceptions) are similar.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

@Jeff

Well, I don't know much about the Furry community, but I'm sure you're right. :) My Avatar is of Amy the Squirrel by the excellent Amiga animator, Eric Schwartz.

@GreyGhost

Just curious, how long did it take you to type this program?

Heather
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

<off-topic>
The History of Amy the Squirrel: http://rigby-jones.net/es/amy/
WikiFur wrote:Amy has changed a bit over the years; in the early years (late 1980s to the mid 1990s), Amy was almost always drawn topless (though not in a naughty way), wearing nothing but a very short blue skirt. She was portrayed as mostly playful and mischievous.

Ever since the mid-90s, Amy isn't drawn topless very often anymore; she is also portrayed as being much more modest and mature. This character change is probably in part due to her getting married and having a child in Sabrina Online.
Yep, once you have established a family you can't walk around half naked anymore. We all know that from how real life celebrities act. 8)
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

You know, I'd only half made the connection there... I read Sabrina Online and had wondered if the two were similar... erm... yes is the answer then! :lol:

Back ON topic... I'll get to putting this in GB20 in due course :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Heh, I probably started it like 3 months ago. Got bored with it and recently finished it up when these guys started passing out the type-in scans. All together it took 2 days I guess in between work and real life.

And no offence, then i first saw that squirrel avatar, I thought to myself "what guy chose that thing for his pic?". :oops:

But for a lady its just fine. :wink:
Rob
DanSolo
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by DanSolo »

Ever heard of OCR? Might save you a few broken nails!
Thought the "special characters" can be a pain...
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

That's how i did super numbers III from Transactor. I haven't had very good luck using OCR. There is still a lot of things to go back and edit when you copy and paste. But, I will probably start using it more often. I'm not sure what's worse. Typing it in by hand or going back and editing.

Also, have any of you guys tried copy and pasting from RUN magazine? Sometimes big chunks of some of the programs are not copyable.

Later,
Rob
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Me and a friend of mine typed in a 28Kb game once, all hex-codes. I think maybe my friend's brother helped a little too. It took a while...
Ola Andersson
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

GreyGhost wrote:And no offence, then i first saw that squirrel avatar, I thought to myself "what guy chose that thing for his pic?". :oops:

But for a lady its just fine. :wink:
LOL! No worries. :)

Heather
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

GreyGhost wrote:"what guy chose that thing for his pic?"
Would the cropped image of a former Playboy model be more suitable for a guy than a female cartoon character? :P

(By the way, that "Lenna" image was once generated with ppm2vic)
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

SkydivinGirl wrote:@Jeff

Well, I don't know much about the Furry community, but I'm sure you're right. :) My Avatar is of Amy the Squirrel by the excellent Amiga animator, Eric Schwartz.
I heard that Eric Schwartz is into "Furry" culture. I guess that's why he draws a lot of them.

I think he's a great animator.
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Absolutely! :D
Rob