Realistic Prices?

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Realistic Prices?

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

These auctions fro A Country Garden and Cavern Run still have 5 days to go and they've reached over a tenner already...

http://tinyurl.com/bael46

http://tinyurl.com/daslfb

Are these prices realistic or is it just over zealous bidding? I haven't a clue which games are rare or over-priced on the Vic...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

I would quite frankly pay that much for those games. Of course, it is all a matter of perspective. Perhaps I am the one who is being overzealous.
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

So, are they rare games then? :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Not sure. You get two people competing and the price goes up...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:Not sure. You get two people competing and the price goes up...
Indeed. Too true. I have to admit that I paid a tenner for a the CBM game The Quest. I know I could've found it cheaper if I waited but I wanted it 'now'.

It's pretty hard trying to work out what games are rare on the Vic as, I supppose, in a relative sense most games are fairly rare...if that makes sense! The only game that I have found to be rare, other than Mt Drash et al, is a CBM game called Sir Hero. I can't find a thing about that game. The Anirog Minipedes game seems to be pretty rare as well as I've only seen it once in a year. What other games does anyone 'know' to be rare? :)
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

Its old... 10 or so GBP isn't so bad!

I've paid a good amount for some boxed NES and Genesis games before.

The value of the game is usually set by how bad the highest bidder wants it. :-D

Although you could question the sanity of someone who would pay more than 2$ for a copy of mario...
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:The only game that I have found to be rare, other than Mt Drash et al, is a CBM game called Sir Hero. I can't find a thing about that game.
I believe that's one I also have in my collection (it's certainly all present and correct in GB20). It's a Hunchback clone btw: cross the screen, avoid the hazards, ring the bell on the far side.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:The only game that I have found to be rare, other than Mt Drash et al, is a CBM game called Sir Hero. I can't find a thing about that game.
I believe that's one I also have in my collection (it's certainly all present and correct in GB20). It's a Hunchback clone btw: cross the screen, avoid the hazards, ring the bell on the far side.
Yeah, the only reason I know of the games existence is that I owned it when I was wee. I had no idea that Hunchback came out for the Vic (I only found that out 2 weeks ago - thanks Ian!) so this was the closest I got. And I loved it!

How well does it hold up? Is it as good as I remember or are the rose tinted glasses working their magic again? :)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Arma doesn't have it, which is why I suspect I must own it to have the inlay scan and TAP in GB20. It's... well, not bad I guess. Does what it says on the tin I suppose. I prefer the proper Ocean version though.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Stay away from those auctions :-)
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Realistic Prices?

Post by bokvamme »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Are these prices realistic or is it just over zealous bidding? I haven't a clue which games are rare or over-priced on the Vic...
I collect and preserve vic20 tapes, the answer is yes.
As there are not that many vic20 tapes appearing on ebay that I don't own, I tend to bid accordingly.
Many vic20 games are very cheap now that the 5-6 or so most active collectors got most of the available stuff. There are no bid wars on lots of tapes.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Damn, that hurt!!
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Sorry. :oops:

I was desperately after A Country Garden...

I see Cavern Run went for a small fortune as well! I paid £33 for Inkosi the other night as well. Somebody's making a small fortune out of us lot! :)
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Sorry. :oops:

I was desperately after A Country Garden...

I see Cavern Run went for a small fortune as well! I paid £33 for Inkosi the other night as well. Somebody's making a small fortune out of us lot! :)
So you are to blame for this, AND Inkosi too. tsk tsk.... this competition is bad for my wallet indeed.. :-)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
i had no idea you had gone for Inkosi! I just hate the idea of these games going into the hands of some rich middle aged man who's going to play them once and through them in a cupboard!!