**New Release** REALMS OF QUEST 3 (available for order!)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Congrats also from me, Ghislain. Sorry I didn't write before, I was away from the PC for several days and what's worse is that I lost my wallet, so I had to block my credit card and can't buy the game immediately for this reason :oops: .

Hope to solve the situation before the stock ends. :?
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Just bought the budget disk version. What an truely amazing accomplishment in such a short amount of time! Congratulations!

EDIT: The description on the Psytronik website said that if I purchased the budget disk I would get a link to a PDF manual for the game, but I never received such a link in my e-mail nor saw one on the website. Did I miss it?
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
It takes a couple of days. Kenz will send you an "Order Update" email which will contain the links. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Thanks for the tip! I think I just got the e-mail you spoke of.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Hey! I just read the PDF manual! I got mentioned in the "Thanks" section! Awesome and you're welcome! Really nice manual.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

A preview for Realms of III was featured in Micro Mart:

"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Kenz
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Kenz »

Good news for everyone who has ordered the game so far - the disks will be shipping this week! :D
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

That's cool. I'm pretty excited to get the full package. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Kenz wrote:Good news for everyone who has ordered the game so far - the disks will be shipping this week! :D
Can't wait to hold these in my hands :) I bought extra copies mostly for friends and family as Christmas presents. :) I did a bit of searching on the internet, and I don't think there has ever been a 32K commercial game ever released for the VIC-20.

I recently attempted to create a tape version, but I had difficulty with TURBO saving straight binary data from A000. What I probably will have to do in order to make a viable tape version (which would have to be done with Turbo Tape because otherwise people would spend 15-20 minutes waiting for the game to load), I could recompile the A000 binary data into a basic-loadable file which would then load the main program afterwards.

A 32K tape version is a bit of an anachronism as most people who could afford that much extra memory back in the day also probably had a disk drive. The 16K version (which can be disk-only), is the more "retro realistic" version.

I was tempted last week to start making a sequel, this time for the Commodore 64, but I decided to take a few months off instead :)
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

I will definitely buy a tape version (already ordered the disk version).
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I just got a mail from Kenz telling me that my game is being posted today. Not only that but it turns out that because I was the first to order I'm the lucky recipient of a Commodore Computer Club polo shirt as well!

I've never won anything in my puff until just a couple of weeks ago when I won a CD soundtrack from a prize draw for pre-ordering The Wild Bunch for the C64 and now I've got an unexpected shirt! I think Kenz is my lucky charm! :P
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Ordered my copy earlier this week, was just waiting on the update to Wild Bunch...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
OT: The good news, for me, regarding The Wild Bunch is that Kenz sent a link to a fixed version which is handy for sticking on my uIEC. :)
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:I just got a mail from Kenz telling me that my game is being posted today. Not only that but it turns out that because I was the first to order I'm the lucky recipient of a Commodore Computer Club polo shirt as well!
:P
I'm order #713 so I've still got some waiting to do. And my one was ordered on 03/11/09 :shock: .
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I think that's just a general order number. I think mine was something like Order #708. As far as I know there are only 100 copies of the game just now. So, maybe you won't have too long to wait. :)