Text adventures

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It is incredibly impressive. I can't even imagine playing that on the Vic. It would be an amazing feat if it were possible though... :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Exactly the image I had in mind! :D
ral-clan wrote:
orion70 wrote:Image
WOW! :shock:

What an incredible thing this would be.

By the way....how did you get the "greyscales"?
This is a user defined palette in VICE. But the two intermediate colours seem to be Orange, and Light Orange.

If you are referring to the dither patterns, they are produced by PGM IMPORT to make 13 intensity shades out of the 4 available colours.
TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

ral-clan wrote:By the way...I must apologise to TNT for sort of "crapping out" on the beta-testing for the infocom interpreter for VIC.
No problem, I'm 99.999% sure that V3 code works now. I wish I had time to add game save/restore which is the only important thing missing, fastloader / FE3 support would be just extra bonus.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I can't tell you how excited I am about this project still being alive. It's taking the Vic to a whole new level! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Mike wrote:This is a user defined palette in VICE. But the two intermediate colours seem to be Orange, and Light Orange.
They are, indeed. The user defined palette is the closest to the real thing, IMO. Download it HERE.

Mike: good to see your pixelated face here :D . Nice to meet you in VIC disguise!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Another couple of screenshots to keep the topic hot :wink: .
Fakes, but created with two real shots: graphics - in shades of blue and orange - with PGM import and text with FAT40. Minigrafik is able to provide 40 column text too, and faster!

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
It's hard to believe that these images are on a Vic. The developments over the past couple of years is truly astounding. :)
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Re: Text adventures

Post by R'zo »

I am interested in looking i to finishing ZORK 1. It is an awesome game and the Vic deserves a fully functional finished version. If anyone could help provide any information, documentation, source code etc. It would be greatly appreciated.
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Have you tried contacting TNT?
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

orion70 wrote:Have you tried contacting TNT?
Ye, I sent him a pm.
R'zo
Forbidden64
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Forbidden64 »

Crazy that this was so close to being done, and it's been in development hell for almost 7 years now, just waiting for a save/load function! Anything from TNT? There are 400+ adventure games waiting for the VIC 20 if he can muster those last few bytes! I reckon he has been busy with other things in life to have such an achievement sitting idle and undone...
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Yep I'd also like him to finish this huge milestone in the VIC world. Alas, not every existing Infocom adventure can be converted, for size limitations and because some had maps, sounds, or other extras. The ones converted so far are:
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Still haven't heard from tnt.
R'zo