Game of the Month

Post by Boray »

GAME OF THE MONTH - Pickers List

Vic User
Carlsson
Boray <-- Current game picker

-----------------------------

Game of the month

It seems the "game of the week" stopped while I was away...? So how about this approach instead:

-Every month a game is picked for our playing and reviewing. It is posted by the picker as a new thread, just as "game of the week" was.

-Everyone who wants to pick a game replies to this thread and says "I'm in!" (or something similar ;) ). Then you will be put on this "game of the month pickers list" (above).

-The list is a loop. So after the last person on the list has picked a game, then next month it's the first person's turn to pick again (if no new persons has entered in between).

-New persons can always enter to be added at the end of the list.

-You can remove yourself from the list by replying to this thread and say that you want to be removed.

-If you only want to pick one game and then be removed from the list, then say so and you will be marked as "GUEST" on the list.

-You are not allowed to mention the game you intend to pick in advance.

-All games must work on both PAL and NTSC. Use an emulator to test if you not are sure.

Okay?

/Anders
Last edited by Boray on Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Good ideas.

And if we all get fed up of a game, and a month hasn't passed, we can just move on to the next person

I will pop my name in the list for sure.

Chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I want to add the possibility to do "specials", i.e. not only picking one game but maybe games from the same programmer/software house, games in the same genre, series or sequels once in a while. It may get more difficult to take part in, but I believe it adds a new dimension to the topic.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i like it.

be like doing a little research project on a certain genre or whatever.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Okay. I like both ideas...

We can do specials about genres etc... And moving on to the next person before time... Well, we could do it like this... If there hasn't been any replies to a thread in 7 days, then it's okay for the next person to start a new thread if he like - or he can wait 30 days (from the first posting of last game) if he prefer that... So this will be a mix in between "game of the month" and "game of the week" depending on the interest for the moment. Is that a good idea?

Chris is first on the list. You can post whenever you like!

Should I put you in as well Anders?

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Another rule: When it is your turn to pick a game - if you don't do so in 14 days, then you will be removed from the list and it's the next person's turn. But I will send a private message to remind about it first (If I remember to do so ;) )... In other words... If you fail to post a new game topic in 44 days after the last game was first posted, then you will be removed.

/Anders
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Ok, i will start working on something then.

If someone wants to beat me to the punch and post first, no worries.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yeah, I can hang on after Chris. I want to prepare d/l links, screenshots and get an idea and own opinion what to write before going wild, err.. live.
Anders Carlsson

vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I haven't forgot, just crazy busy with other stuff!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Me too. I'm calling lawyers, prostitutes, hotels, ex-criminals and Chinese people all day long, so I can never get down to preparing a Game of the Month.
Anders Carlsson

Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Maybe I should start then?

/Anders
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Me too. I'm calling lawyers, prostitutes, hotels, ex-criminals and Chinese people all day long, so I can never get down to preparing a Game of the Month.
:shock: :!: :?: :shock:
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Go for it Boray.

I am trying to do a bit of a write up on Tom Griner, and the games he made for the vic.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:Me too. I'm calling lawyers, prostitutes, hotels, ex-criminals and Chinese people all day long, so I can never get down to preparing a Game of the Month.
What are you doing??? Is that your job now? Chinese-hooker-crimial-law associates?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Oh well. I answered Chris in private, but should've realized more people raise their eyes at a such message.

Apart from doing a web site, I'm helping a side business with some consulting services for study groups from Chinese authorities, and the mentioned subjects were meant for one or two of those groups.
Anders Carlsson