Plumb Crazy (New TAP port)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Plumb Crazy (New TAP port)

Post by fgasking »

As promised for Mayhem, i've recently ported a rather unseen Vic 20 game... Plumb Crazy by Terminal Software in 1985.
More commonly known by its C64 incarnation, I was a bit shocked to see that a Vic 20 version existed and snapped it up.

http://gtw64.retro-net.de/plumbcrazy.rar

Unfortunately i've had some trouble porting, and get a loading error in emulation mode. I think its to do with the turbo load it uses. It might require someone with TAP expertise to have a look if possible?
Otherwise I can do some more ports if need be?

Inlays are also included. Please feel free to place on any archive sites etc.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

If I'm not mistaken the 64 version was released in 1983. Did the VIC-20 version come out after the 64 version?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Indeed it seems it was released later - around 2 years, which is really odd. Very late into Terminal Software's life.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I said to Frank that I thought I might already have this... but now he mentions this, it might be the C64 version I own. I'm sure there is something going on with the emulation of the loader however, something about it being a bitch to get it through to the end...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
markj1966
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Plumb Crazy (New TAP port)

Post by markj1966 »

Hi there, I wrote the Vic-20 version and then sold it to Terminal, it was written from scratch and not a port!! Hours of machine code hell without a decompiler!

Cheers

Mark Jeffery