20 Line Contest: Air Raid 20

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

20 Line Contest: Air Raid 20

Post by GreyGhost »

I assume the contest is an ongoing thing. So, here's another 20 line game. In this game you must shoot down wave after wave of jet plane. The higher the plane is in the sky the more points you get. For each wave completed you get 500 points, 20 extra missles, more planes you have to shoot down, and the planes fly a little faster. Hope you like it. :D

NOTE: There is a problem with the timing as the levels increase. Maybe someone else can look at it and let me know.

http://robmurphysc.tripod.com/

Check the games page.

later,
Rob
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i haven't played it yet, but the screenshot looks cool!

chris
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

I updated this game with some cool sounds. It's still 20 lines though. I also fixed some bugs I found. I still think the timing is off, but I don't think I can do much about it in BASIC. Try it on VICE with the speed set to 200%. :D

Check it out and let me know what you think.

I'm thinking of going ahead and adding some graphics to it. I know that's going to push it out of the 20 line catagory though.

Later,
Rob
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Updated again.
I got rid if those nasty blinking numbers in the display and did some variable shuffling. I also did a little crunching of the code(963 bytes before running).
Rob
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

air raid 20

Post by ravenxau »

love how the mountains achive the feeling of depth with only a few green lines - keep up the great work :wink:
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Updated again. Runs faster now. :D
Rob
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

First play. I finished with: Score: 4560, Wave: 5, Missiles: 0, Hits: 11 of 14 (at 100% speed in VICE). Nice game!

Greetings,

Michael