Meteor Storm (New Game)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

dr.geek
Vic 20 Drifter

Meteor Storm (New Game)

Post by dr.geek »

Here is a little game I made (originally for the PET 3032) with the Quetzalcoatl C Compiler for the Unexpanded VIC 20 - Gameplay is simple, but It was just to see if I could get a functional game made with the compiler.

Meteor Storm - Avoid the meteors with the A and D Keys

Attachments
metstorm.zip
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
AndyH
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Meteor Storm (New Game)

Post by AndyH »

Brilliant. Very speedy. Got plans for something bigger now you've had success with the compiler?
--
AndyH
HEWCO | Vic 20 blog
dr.geek
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by dr.geek »

For Sure - will be interesting as the runtime module is 1.5kb, levaing only 2kb for the actual game code - Meteor Storm is 529 bytes, so things will be a squash in the Unexpanded VIC - but that will just add to the challenge - the next phase will be to work out arrays for multi-object action.
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Is the runtime monolithic, or can you avoid certain library functions to keep it small?
dr.geek
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by dr.geek »

Kweepa wrote:Is the runtime monolithic, or can you avoid certain library functions to keep it small?
Monolithic i think - as it's only a beta when development ceased - there is a smaller, earlier runtime included in the download package - I will do some tests to see if there are any differences in final binary size