Vimm Demos

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mikam73
2049er

Vimm Demos

Post by Mikam73 »

I just transfered Vimm I & II demos to disc.

Vimm II workd nice with no extra ram..

But I have problems with Vimm I demo.. It runs with 16k extra ram.. But it wont change from first demo screen to next ones.. Text changes color when I press X.. But Run Stop does nothing..

Vimm II did work fine.

Wonder whats problem..
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

It works for me. I just wait for a while, and the next part loads by itself...

/Anders
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Whats name of next part? I might have done something wrong when I did transfer files with StarCommander. Atleast one file had ^ on its name when it was on PC and after transfer that was arrow up.

If someone had D64 image of Vimm1 demo.. I could try it..

I did see first screen atleast 3 times and it wont move on..

Mikam73@hotmail.com
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

The names should be like this:

COPPER.N
COPPER.P
CREDIZ.N
CREDIZ.P
PLASMA.N
PLASMA.P
SHEKKI.N
SHEKKI.P
TECH^2.N
TECH^2.P
VICPIC.N
VICPIC.P
VIMM
VIMMGFX0
VIMMGFX1
VIMMGFX2
VIMMGFX3
VIMMGFX4
VIMMGFX5
VIMMGFX6
VIMMGFX7
VIMMGFX8
VIMMGFX9
VIMMGFXA
VIMMGFXB
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

And there is a .d64 here:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~albert/Pu-239/vimm/

/Anders
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, ^ equals arrow up. Maybe something with the file names went wrong? I can't remember if the track loader will flash error if a file was not found on the disk, but I think so.

Btw, you run the demos in the wrong order. First run the memory expanded VIMM, be somewhat amazed over the effects and then run the unexpanded VIMMII and be very amazed that almost all the effects were possible to squeeze into this version. I remember Albert was amazed himself that he made it possible. :D
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

carlsson wrote:
Btw, you run the demos in the wrong order. First run the memory expanded VIMM, be somewhat amazed over the effects and then run the unexpanded VIMMII and be very amazed that almost all the effects were possible to squeeze into this version. I remember Albert was amazed himself that he made it possible. :D
Well.. :D I did try load Vimm first.. But after watching scrolling text about Vic20 3 times.. and loaded it again couple times.. And it wont load second part.. I did try Vimm II.. 8)

I try that D64 image. Maybe something went wrong when I transfered files with StarCommander last time.