Imagine if Commodore

Discuss anything related to the VIC
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Imagine if Commodore

Post by groepaz »

oh noes, i am loosing my sleep over it
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:oh noes, i am loosing my sleep over it
I believe you...

http://www.brouillette.ca/en/services/i ... -property/
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

considering what this thread is about, this is just hilarious. made my day
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
e5frog
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by e5frog »

Hey boys, are you at it again?
You two are like a living, breathing soap opera, hate those - unless it's actually the tv show "SOAP", like that one.

I checked the zip, wonderful documentation, loved the pdf. One must really admire the work done if documenting it that well.
"Anyone" can make one themselves now, PAL version at least, it's a neat cart to have if you want an affordable bunch of games to try out.

There's a read error of four bits in the dump, I'm sure you can see where yourself, not that it matters.

"ILOVESLAPPY!" ;-)
When reading the .txt file I understood that... In my version it was just $FF on the entire row.
You two really know how to agitate each other...

I see my signature string starting at $1499 has been removed... :-(

Very well documented (even if it's not exactly like the original), it would be quite possible to recreate the project if needed. I'm guessing eslapion is very thankful for the extensive documentation. ;-)

If elaborate changes are needed or if someone wants to make their own menu for their Behr-Bonz cartridge or perhaps just as a learning experience - let me know, I have the source code for the menu with a lot of comments. It was built by disassembling the 2008 version and then code was added to it. As it's not entirely my work though I probably need to ask eslapion and/or that Viande guy/girl/human before I share, don't want to step on anyone's toes.
It's very basic code (no not BASIC) though, even I managed to pull it off - I'm not an experienced programmer, especially not for VIC-20.

Enjoy your Behr-Bonz cart, I'm sure it's cheaper to buy one from eslapion than to get parts and build one yourself.

I care just about this much for "revealing" the dump of the menu. I think it's very uncool to officially post someone else's work without permission and possibly affect their livelihood - if it's still an active product (?). Judging from the price tag anyone should understand it's the hardware and assembly of it that they are paying for not the copyrighted content of the ROM (which is actually the reason they buy it).

I have no idea how this thread started, was it split from somewhere else? Doesn't seem coherent on the first posts.

That's my thoughts on the subject, you two return to bickering, I'm sure it's someone's entertainment for the evening, almost as you didn't have better things to do.
My other interest: http://channelf.se
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

"Anyone" can make one themselves now, PAL version at least
also the NTSC version - just use the script to rebuild the cartridge image (actually one of the two dump comes from an NTSC version, i dont remember which). the differences are probably due to a bit of hex editing, as you noticed :)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:considering what this thread is about, this is just hilarious. made my day
Not only did you post my schematic without permission, you also took out Fredric's credits from the menu. Real sweet.

You replaced my personal message, this I can understand but removing Fredric's signature string is not cool at all.

Added edit:
I posted the correct ROM images with the proper credits.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

now only the layout is missing.... 8)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:now only the layout is missing.... 8)
Some people seem to think you're very much interested in me.

I have to tell you, I'm single but I only date women so... no luck for you. :)
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

your mother would be proud of you, again
Gyro Gearloose
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I have this on in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-VGDF4y18
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

excellent choice!
Gyro Gearloose
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I'm a good baker and handy with a pastry bag: I'm going to bake you two a pretty wedding cake, except I'm putting Aliens V Predator figurines on top.

Only problem: who's who?
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:I'm a good baker and handy with a pastry bag: I'm going to bake you two a pretty wedding cake, except I'm putting Aliens V Predator figurines on top.

Only problem: who's who?
I have a tendency to collect trophies and I use technology to defeat my opponent so I guess I'm the predator. Aliens live a parasitic existence and use only intrinsic capabilities so I guess that's representative of...
Be normal.
Gyro Gearloose
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I think I'm going to cry...

My Slappy all grown up... sniff sniff
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:My Slappy all grown up... sniff sniff