Imagine if Commodore

Discuss anything related to the VIC
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Imagine if Commodore

Post by groepaz »

It's just ridiculous to have that kind of attitude in such a small community.
totally. just as silly as not openly posting the cartridge images of those multi-game carts that contain 99% pirated software.
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:totally. just as silly as not openly posting the cartridge images of those multi-game carts that contain 99% pirated software.
All here for you... http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/ ... index.html

duh!

As for the menu, well, I didn't create that so... ask e5frog.

Added edit:
You're a super duper 6502/6510 coder. You can create your own...
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

i just dumped the cartridge. problem?
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

So you found my ... Trivia! :lol:

BTW, I notice you only have the PAL dump because I made only one cart with a socket and I know exactly who purchased it... :wink:
Last edited by eslapion on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

yup, your mother would be proud of you
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

BTW, I notice you only have the PAL dump because I made only one cart with a socket and I know exactly who purchased it...
a socket wasnt required, and there was none either. you dont have to pull the eprom to dump that cart, a simple port expander does the trick.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:a socket wasnt required, and there was none either. you dont have to pull the eprom to dump that cart, a simple port expander does the trick.
You went the complicated way about it. So much easier just to shove a 27C160 on an EPROM programmer (and adapter if required).

Unless you disabled the cell locker, you had to read cells one at a time with a reset in between...
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

You went the complicated way about it.
the complicated way would have been to find someone owning the cartridge who agrees with desoldering the ROM.
Unless you disabled the cell locker, you had to read cells one at a time with a reset in between...
not quite, the only half interesting bit was the menu anyways, no need to dump the rest.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:the complicated way would have been to find someone owning the cartridge who agrees with desoldering the ROM.
When you don't have professional tools, I guess people don't trust you. You should get yourself a Hakko 808 or equivalent. I find mine invaluable.
not quite, the only half interesting bit was the menu anyways, no need to dump the rest.
POKE39936, (game number) wasn't good enough for you? All you had to do was ask Fredric (aka e5frog) for his permission. I'm quite sure he would have given it to you, saving you the trouble with your port expander.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

When you don't have professional tools, I guess people don't trust you.
no idea what you are talking about. some ppl dont like their stuff being opened and ROMs desoldered, its that simple. its also way easier to tell someone a couple pokes than sending a cartridge around. you seem pretty desperate to discredit what was done :) (and i can desolder fine with the tools i have)
POKE39936, (game number) wasn't good enough for you? All you had to do was ask Fredric (aka e5frog) for his permission. I'm quite sure he would have given it to you, saving you the trouble with your port expander.
it was no trouble at all, and i wasnt interested in the unmodified cart images you have put in the other banks. no more, no less. it would have taken far longer to ask whoever and wait for a reply than just doing it. why bother.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:
it was no trouble at all, and i wasnt interested in the unmodified cart images you have put in the other banks. no more, no less. it would have taken far longer to ask whoever and wait for a reply than just doing it. why bother.
I take it then, whether Fredric would have said yes or no you would've done it anyways. I see you have a lot of respect for other people's work.

You know, when I made the Behr-Bonz, I did try to contact a few companies and they couldn't possibly care less what I did with 25 years old computer games but at least I tried to check if there was a problem. Some even just laughed and hung up.

Fredric is a member here and he checks his PM regularly. I know for a fact he would have answered you quickly.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

I see you have a lot of respect for other people's work
like selling a cartridge full of pirated software? or like putting silly "trivia" into your ROMs?
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:
I see you have a lot of respect for other people's work
like selling a cartridge full of pirated software? or like putting silly "trivia" into your ROMs?
The Megacart contains mostly the same software along with other things which were put in there with permission. Any difference?

I recently saw a thread on Lemon64 about the selling of a C64 multicart which uses switches and also has 64 or 128 games (pirated ones) in it. Nobody took it down.

I'm sure you don't need reading courses...
You know, when I made the Behr-Bonz, I did try to contact a few companies and they couldn't possibly care less what I did with 25 years old computer games but at least I tried to check if there was a problem. Some even just laughed and hung up.
Unlike you, I invested the effort and the time to verify if there would be any problems.

I am quite sure it's a lot easier for you to send a PM to e5frog on Denial or Lemon64 than it was for me finding the phone numbers of a bunch of large companies, call them, expect a call back and so on and so on...

Fredric even made his own e-mail publicly available... http://channelf.se/mail/index.html
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

The Megacart contains mostly the same software along with other things which were put in there with permission. Any difference?
just a small one: the cart images were posted publicly long ago and not a single fuck was given
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:
just a small one: the cart images were posted publicly long ago and not a single fuck was given
Same with the 'pirated software' that's in the Behr-Bonz...

Only the menu is from somebody else. If you had bothered to ask Fredric before posting it, I'd say there's a 99% chance he would've said it's okay, a 0.9% chance he would've said 'I couldn't care less' and a 0.1% chance he would've said 'no'. But asking would've been the polite thing to do.

BTW, You put the schematics in there too, that's my creation and I didn't authorize you to post that.
Be normal.