Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, August 20

Discuss anything related to the VIC
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, August 20

Post by RobertBe »

Happy, hot August nights, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday, August 20 at --

Bobby Salazar's Mexican Restaurant
2839 North Blackstone Ave. (corner of Blackstone and Michigan)
Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

For discussion the topic is the July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo; we'll go over how the show went. And there will be CommVEx goodies to give away! We'll also talk about the October 21-22 Amiwest Show in Sacramento.

On the hardware side, we'll examine the recently acquired Commodore PC20-III which came from the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club, the host for Amiwest.

In software, we'll play around with the C64 Forever 2017 CD and the Amiga Forever 2017 DVD's. We'll also have fun with the competition game of CommVEx, the classic C64 game, "Ringside Boxing", from the 1988 special issue of Compute!'s Gazette. At the July meeting we were so busy with testing out member David's C64 system that we didn't get to many of that month's software presentations; those remaining are the VIC-20 Meteor Wave, VIChaos, and VIC-20 Doom; the Plus/4 Botticelli Bilderdisk 42 art disk; and the C64/C128 plus SuperCPU -- RAY, Wolfenstein 3D, and Doom. Let's see how many we can get to this time.

I'll be seeing C= repair tech Ray Carlsen in a few days; if you need anything repaired, give it to me and I'll give it to Ray. Finally, for those members who attend the meeting, start thinking about what you want from Europe! :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm