GandALF, substitute for the MOS 325572-01

Discuss anything related to the VIC
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: GandALF, substitute for the MOS 325572-01

Post by groepaz »

Thank you for your deep and profound observation. I'm sure we all feel we greatly benefited from your insight.
this btw are the type of comments that make ppl like mike no more want to communicate with you. try picking your own nose for once.
I was just telling cbmeeks there are multiple good reasons why there is no drop-in replacement for the VIC-I and VIC-II.
perhaps that was your intent. and i am not even disagreeing with that part (noone does, i think). i was however referring to your claim of having developed a CIA replacement. no more no less. there is no point in mixing up the two things either.
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

groepaz wrote:this btw are the type of comments that make ppl like mike no more want to communicate with you. try picking your own nose for once.
Mike has solemnly declared that it was impossible for the VIC-I to display more than 256 custom characters and that the 2364 pin compatible EPROMs were as rare as hens' teeth. I proved both to be false and he decided to keep an apparent permanent grudge. As I said in the past, if somebody proves me false about a technical fact then I am happy because I learned something, just like you did with the 1541 CPU clock. Mike sees it as a personal attack and it's his loss.

Perhaps you expect the VIP treatment with comments like...
sounds like something jimmy would write 8)
and
was CIAnide tested the same? run a few games and programs and then conclude its ready for prime time?
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm quite sure this is trolling.

Then...
groepaz wrote:perhaps that was your intent. and i am not even disagreeing with that part (noone does, i think). i was however referring to your claim of having developed a CIA replacement. no more no less. there is no point in mixing up the two things either.
The above comments were your way of referring to my claim of having developed a CIA replacement and I gave you my opinion about those comments.

Hopefully, enough said.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

Mike has solemnly declared that it was impossible for the VIC-I to display more than 256 custom characters and that the 2364 pin compatible EPROMs were as rare as hens' teeth. I proved both to be false and he decided to keep an apparent permanent grudge. As I said in the past, if somebody proves me false about a technical fact then I am happy because I learned something, just like you did with the 1541 CPU clock. Mike sees it as a personal attack and it's his loss.
i remember this - and i also remember that it was - as always - about you disagreeing about one detail and then beating it to death, ignoring what others say and that others are already one step further. i can totally see why mike (and others) step back at this point - its a boring and tiresome exercise with little to no results.
Perhaps you expect the VIP treatment
nope. its called "joke". or perhaps "sarcastic remark". i dont expect anything from what i write here. perhaps you shouldnt put too much weight into every single line someone writes.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm quite sure this is trolling.
quite often, and especially in your case, it is most likely not trolling when someone has a different opinion with you, or perhaps even makes a smirky remark in your direction. someone not agreeing with you, or even pointing it out in a lax and not so asperger compatible way, does not make him a troll.

what would definately be considered trolling on most other boards i have used is this though
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

@Groepaz
Annoying cluster B...

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... 7&start=26

What you do is clear as daylight to me. It's interesting someone else had better words than I could ever have to describe your modus operandi.

I suppose it's a lot of fun for you.

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... 7&start=30

No need to go in the details.
Be normal.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Annnnnnd on that note, closing her up as usual...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...