Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, July 22

Discuss anything related to the VIC
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, July 22

Post by RobertBe »

Happy CommVEx month, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, July 22, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

I'll be talking a bit about Commodore at the May Maker Faire in San Mateo and the June Pacific Commodore Expo in Seattle. The big topic will be the July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo! In fact, by the time of our meeting, my car will be packed with most of the C= goods I need for CommVEx. :)

Though member Mario will be absent, I think Richard will be bringing in his NTSC/PAL-switchable Plus/4. The expanded Amiga 2000 is already off to Vegas, and so I'll have SX-64, Amiga 1200, AmigaOne G4, and PAL VIC-20 (the last two going to CommVEx, too). For the A1 G4, we'll look at a couple of DB9-to-USB joystick adapters from Retronic Designs of Canada. We'll try to connect all through the newish CommVEx projector - a NEC NP-400 with almost all the video inputs we'll ever need. The Vampire 500 board has not arrived in the mail, but if it should arrive by Saturday, then you'll get to see it.

Once again I'll be going up to Pacific NW in mid-August, so if you have any Commodore 8-bit hardware that needs repair by Ray Carlsen, bring it to the meeting (I already have an Amiga 1070 monitor, a Commodore CM-141 monitor, and C64 heavy-duty power supply that need to be fixed.).

As always, bring any Commodore or Amiga items you wish to share!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan