Toaster.

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Gorf
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: Toaster.

Post by Gorf »

Can you make bread on a hotplate? (because the VIC-20 really does smell like bread) :D

That is a good question though :mrgreen:
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Boray wrote:The Breadmaker

Even better, goes back to the bread bin theme. :)
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

There is a problem with all of this though. Anyone who not read this thread wouldn't have a clue. And both vic-20 models would still be breadbins as they look the same. I could imagine something like this:

Person A: Is your vic-20 a breadbin?

Person B: of course, it's an early breadbin with the 9v PSU.

Person A: Then it's not a breadbin, it's a bread maker.

Person B: ??????? Are you trying to be funny?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

It's summertime! I'd suggest

ROUND DIN = NO WIN
TWO-PRONG = VIC THONG (sexier :P)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Earlier, I thought the early 9V Vic-20 was the better computer because of the better display. Now, I think the later Vic-20CR + S-Video mod is the best one.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Boray wrote:Earlier, I thought the early 9V Vic-20 was the better computer because of the better display. Now, I think the later Vic-20CR + S-Video mod is the best one.
I like the socketed chips in my 2 pin. I don't have a lot of experience with solder and it allows me to make repairs without having to worry about messing anything up.
What's the advantage of s-video on anew 8 bit machine.
R'zo
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

R'zo wrote:[
I like the socketed chips in my 2 pin. I don't have a lot of experience with solder and it allows me to make repairs without having to worry about messing anything up.
I have socked chips on one of my Vic-20CRs. The advantage of S-video is that the graininess of the graphics (which is a problem mostly on the CR model) disappears: http://museum.boray.se/#!album-15
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

And the advantage of the CR model is... less heat.
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Boray wrote:
R'zo wrote:[
I have socked chips on one of my Vic-20CRs. The advantage of S-video is that the graininess of the graphics (which is a problem mostly on the CR model) disappears: http://museum.boray.se/#!album-15
I see.

I thought the crs were soldered to help cut the cost of production.
R'zo