8bit Guy covers Super Expander and Prom Queen

Discuss anything related to the VIC
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: 8bit Guy covers Super Expander and Prom Queen

Post by dragos »

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Ral-clan!
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

I didn't realize that the 8-bit guy was adric22 - the moment he showed his game he was working on (on and off) I recognized him right away - it looked so promising Planet X2. (was just thinking about this the other day too)
Learning all the time... :)
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by cbmeeks »

dragos wrote:Whether you like his videos or not, he apparently doesn't respond. I too have a promqueen and need the rom, but he will not answer a pm or message left on the video. he has shown up at ECCC/vcfmf before, but when people have something rare and can't/won/t share the software, it really turns me off of them.
I asked him one time if he would be interested in collaborating on a music project for the VIC-20. Instead of saying "No thanks" he told me he could see no value in said project. He went on a little more and I really got the idea that he thought the idea was stupid and he had to make sure to tell me so.

The project was on creating a music card with various sound chips (i.e., SID and AY).

Good thing I have a thick skin. But I guess he gets lots of requests like that. But still, a simple "Thanks but no thanks" would have sufficed.

lol
Cat; the other white meat.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

cbmeeks wrote:Good thing I have a thick skin. But I guess he gets lots of requests like that. But still, a simple "Thanks but no thanks" would have sufficed.

lol
I think you're right. I've gotten gotten a similar aloof (chilly) response.

I shared a silly game I made with him as I usually do with Denial members, and I think the assumption was that I was that I was looking for him to make a video on it (I thought I had made clear I was just sharing for fun).

My guess is that he has a big audience now and must assume everyone is communicating with him for business purposes. It was not a big deal to me.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

I remember him in both here and the Lemon forums and he used to be approachable and excited about talking about Commodore ideas and such. Believe he had some run-ins with some others in the community (about starting projects and never finishing, etc...) they gave him a hard time. He sorta withdrew and then he started his channel and has gained an audience. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the same folks who gave him a hard time might have approached him about other Commodore stuff and now he's stand-offish.
Oh well, to each his own.
Learning all the time... :)