VIC-20 software titles that shipped on diskette

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Bobbi
Vic 20 Afficionado

VIC-20 software titles that shipped on diskette

Post by Bobbi »

I guess there weren't too many VIC-20 software releases on diskette. In fact I can't think of any!

Is there a list somewhere?
orion70
VICtalian

Re: VIC-20 software titles that shipped on diskette

Post by orion70 »

Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

That, and we shouldn't discount the software releases that have appeared in the Announcement section here in the last years.

A good deal of them are not necessarily one-filers and therefore chose *.d64 as useful container format. IMO, that qualifies as disk release even if done outside the main commercial timespan of the VIC-20.

At that time, there also had been numerous disks available as extras with computer magazines, where the programs originally had been published as type-in. One could buy these disks (or tapes) to save oneself from the tribulation of actually typing in the games.

Not to forget, there had even been 'old-style' floppy speeders around (which speeded up the transfer protocol by loading code into the drive) like Hypra-System or Turbo-Disk, indicating there had been some use for a disk drive with a VIC-20. ;)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Since that thread, another ALA title turned up on disk, so that's two games in total I have from the original era.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...