Vic20 rarity and cartridge lists.. Vic20.faq etc..

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mikam73
2049er

Vic20 rarity and cartridge lists.. Vic20.faq etc..

Post by Mikam73 »

Is there newer versions of these somewere ?

My rarity list is:
Version 2.3b Released on April 26, 2002

Cartridge list says only:
First release: July 1997. Cant find version number.

Faq:
Release 2b (Ver 1.3) July 1997

VIC-20 Cassette Software List:
Version 1.0 Last update: July 1997
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Since Ward retired from VIC-20 collecting and archiving a few years ago, I don't think anyone has attempted to update the list. Basically, about no new cartridges have appeared on the market, and the tape list never was intended to be accurate or complete - I found it more like a directory listing from Funet completed with publisher credits in the few cases those could be found.

The Café VIC project may be one of many actors who should take over the role, and Brent (Brett? I can never remember his first name) wrote that he's doing some clean up with the old files and maybe the project will start moving again in the summer.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Ward may have retired (I believe he's left the retro scene completely and moved to New Mexico), but he does have a successor of sorts: me :D

I'm now in charge of the Vic20 section for the Digital Press guide ( http://www.digitpress.com ) taking responsibility for it alongside my C64 commitments. The site now has an ONLINE database of the cartridges so you can peruse it. So if you've got anything to comment on or add to it, please let me know.

There have been a couple of new carts recently: Key Quest by Tymac (a cart version of the tape game) and VIC Stat (a Handic utility program), both acquired by myself. So they've been added in to the master list, though I'm not sure if they are online yet.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...