** Revision 2017 Invitation / Website

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

** Revision 2017 Invitation / Website

Post by Mike »

Revision, the world's biggest pure Demoscene event, takes place April 14th to 17th 2017 in Saarbrücken, Germany.

In all the years since 2011, each installation had around 800 visitors from more than 30 countries. Main language is English, with people coming from all over the world, the US, Japan, Russia, Australia and even China!

See the invitation demo and the website which both give you a nice overview of what to expect if you have not been at a demoparty before.

The party features several competition categories, of which some are also eligible for VIC-20 releases. The productions will be shown on a BIG screen, and are supported by a heavy sound system. :)

Between the competitions, enough opportunities to learn new things in seminars, eat, drink, party, socialize and make new friends. :mrgreen:

I've seen, tokra already signed up and I'll also be there. If you are planning to show up, register as visitor on the website and drop a short notice here, too! :D

Cheers,

Michael
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Re: ** Revision 2017 Invitation / Website

Post by RobertBe »

Aw, I'll be traveling to Europe in September/early October.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:[...] tokra already signed up and I'll also be there. [...]
Really noone else from our forum going there? :?:
tonyrocks
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by tonyrocks »

oh man, I can't this year :( That is my wife's birthday and she would not be pleased if I leave the country! I've only been able to attend 3 demo parties...only Demosplash in Pittsburgh...but, it is certainly nothing compared to Revision for sure.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

i think i'll skip it again, too much pc centric artsyfarts for me :)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

I would like to visit a demo party, but is it worthwhile if I don't have a demo to show?
I'm a relative beginner. I can do some things and am working on a strategy game, but it wouldn't impress anybody with visuals or sound.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Witzo,

no one *forces* you to participate with an entry. At the size of the party, it would also be quite improbable, that everyone would go and compete in one of the categories.

You're still asked for another form of participation at least - everyone at the party gets a code to open a personal account in the party (W)LAN, where he can: enter his productions, and: vote for all the productions being shown. Only the people at Revision can vote for the entries, no one else.

So if you can, start on your way and show up at the party. You'll have a great time there. :mrgreen:
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

actually *most* people going to revision don't bring releases :)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

Good to hear there are things to enjoy without being in the competition. I've had a big admiration for demos and demo coders since the 1980s, so it's about time I visit one of these events. I've only been to a small one here in The Hague a few years ago.
It's a bit of a trip for me on my own without a car, so I've started asking friends if they're interested to go with me.