The most impressive vic 20 demo?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Boray
Musical Smurf

The most impressive vic 20 demo?

Post by Boray »

Which vic 20 demo would you say is the most impressive in all categories? The demo you would show to make anyone say, hey I never thought the vic would be able to do this. Please post a youtube link if available.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Mike
Herr VC

Re: The most impressive vic 20 demo?

Post by Mike »

See my post here: http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... 25&start=5, and to quote from there:
Mike wrote:The so-called demo-scene hasn't contributed much to explore the capabilities of the VIC-20 after 'Robotic Liberation' was released by PwP in 2003. Maybe 'going lowres' from TRSI, released in 2010, deserves a honorable mention because of its clean design.
The recent advancements in graphics capabilities explored by tokra and me are nowhere to be seen in that junk pile of demos you see on pouet.net - especially since 2013 - except the works already noted. I'd rather show off Victragic's Pitfall! instead.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

in the so called demo scene, those graphic shows on vic20 are probably regarded similar as the nuvie stuff on c64 :)

that said, robotic liberation is my favourite as well :) followed by VVV i guess
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

groepaz wrote:in the so called demo scene, those graphic shows on vic20 are probably regarded similar as the nuvie stuff on c64 :)
:lol:

That, or the new graphic modes completely went under their radar.

At least Victragic explicitly mentions the VIC-I FLI modes as inspiration for the display routine in Pitfall!:
Victragic wrote:I knew Mike would know what was happening right away. :wink: [...] There are parallels between this game and the graphics modes that Mike and Tokra have been developing, I wanted to show that it is feasible to create a reasonable game on the Vic using similar raster effects, and hopefully inspire other programmers to try similar techniques.
:)
Vic Porter
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Vic Porter »

Impossiblator 3. Viznut for president!