Is there any specific reason for those HUGE screenshots in the Announcements?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

Is there any specific reason for those HUGE screenshots in the Announcements?

Post by Mike »

Sigh. Of course not. For myself I don't want to scroll down several pages in the Announcement threads just to read one single posting. I posted a similar complaint some time ago (which was deleted by mistake, BTW), to repeat this here:

Over the years, the postings in the Announcement threads had adopted a sensible form (enough examples to be found).

An announcement should NOT:

- be just a copy of the OP in the Games or Programming section, or
- be posted months, or possibly even years after the actual release.

Especially regarding the second point, in principle it was better to close the threads at the end of each year. If it wasn't necessary to be able to repair broken download or image links, that is.

Threads in the other sections will drop down to the second and following pages in due course, but the threads in the Announcement section are supposed to stay there for a long time to come.

PLEASE KEEP THEM IN ORDER TO RETAIN THEM AS USEFUL REFERENCE. THANKS.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Is there any specific reason for those HUGE screenshots in the Announcements?

Post by eslapion »

I suggest Mike should be a mod of the Announcements section.

That's because quite frankly I agree with all the modifications he suggested to that forum section, including the ones to posts that were made by non developers to the hardware release thread.
Be normal.