Introducing Franken-Vic

Discuss anything related to the VIC
retromodder
Vic 20 Newbie

Introducing Franken-Vic

Post by retromodder »

So for the grand total of 21 bucks for two Vic 20s with busted cases and each missing various parts, i made something:) So I stuck them both together and now have a working machine, Its Alive!

So here is Franken-Vic, its still a project as you can see. Lots of work to do, modern av cables to buy, ram expander to purchase, NES controller to mod for this, games to buy, etc.

Well here it is with my datasette and 1541 drive.

"Good morning whiskey, Good morning night. The end of the world is in my sight."

Hank3 Karmageddon
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Re: Introducing Franken-Vic

Post by joshuadenmark »

Really nice setup. I perfer the 1541 despite it's size, especially the one with the same "hatch" in yours, so appealing :D
Kind regards, Peter.

Re: Introducing Franken-Vic

Post by retromodder »

joshuadenmark wrote:Really nice setup. I perfer the 1541 despite it's size, especially the one with the same "hatch" in yours, so appealing :D
They really do have a nice style to them, so classic and retro. Ive seen so many of these set up with dual 1541 drives, that I purchased another working and tested 1541 on ebay tonight. So ill be able to experience running two drives.

Now to find a period correct 12" color tv to match this little computer, as well as all the other bits and pieces. Dang, this is going to be loads of fun.
"Good morning whiskey, Good morning night. The end of the world is in my sight."

Hank3 Karmageddon