I feel ashamed - looking at C & H

Discuss anything related to the VIC
eslapion
ultimate expander

I feel ashamed - looking at C & H

Post by eslapion »

I truly feel ashamed when I look at he Collection and History section.

I have promised so much and delivered so little. I have the original instructions of Practicalc... never scanned them. Then there is Gortek which is still awaiting transfer, 2 CES albums and so much more to scan and upload. Plenty of carts instructions too.

So much fragile stuff that almost got lost forever when I got hospitalized and could still get lost forever.

I have so much on my Commodore platter now. The Behr-Bonz carts to deliver, the drive alignment tool to make a prototype of. And now another big project coming.
Be normal.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: I feel ashamed - looking at C & H

Post by Jeff-20 »

Haha. No rush, friend. We have patiently given decades to this hobby. And a hobby should be a place one turns to relax. No urgent deadlines here. I for one appreciate all of your contributions however they happen. Glad you're feeling better.

Sent from my phizzone
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Like Jeff no rush it's a hobby.

Check this site, last updated :lol:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~matthewb/index.html
Kind regards, Peter.
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

eslapion wrote:I have the original instructions of Practicalc... never scanned them. Then there is Gortek which is still awaiting transfer [...]
I have a copy of Practicalc Plus. Box, manual and program were already digitized (thread HERE). Don't think they're much different from the original Practicalc, as the only difference is in histograms IIRC.
Also have Gortek - if needed, I can both WAV the tape and/or scan box and manual.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Awrite... looking at how things are evolving, I need to delegate things if they are to move forward. I am waay too busy with the new projects.

I need somebody to take over the responsibility of properly archiving dozens of Commodore computer educator albums, Gortek and the Microchips and many other VIC-20 related materials.

Since I am a crackpot about quality and details, I want somebody who is willing to follow my standards and methodology. Preferably somebody located in Montreal or Ottawa or somewhere in between so I can communicate by phone or go there myself if needed.

Any volunteers?
Be normal.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Anyone? Pulululease...
Be normal.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

eslapion wrote:Since I am a crackpot about quality and details, I want somebody who is willing to follow my standards and methodology. Preferably somebody located in Montreal or Ottawa or somewhere in between so I can communicate by phone or go there myself if needed.
I guess this is pretty limiting about the number of possible volunteers :)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

orion70 wrote:I guess this is pretty limiting about the number of possible volunteers :)
I have to be able to bring the items to the person who accepts the responsibility of archiving them without risking them in the mail system.

If the person is in the Toronto area then it would be a 12 hours drive going there then back home.
Be normal.