My Vic's alive!!!

Discuss anything related to the VIC
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

My Vic's alive!!!

Post by R'zo »

This Vic-20 has been sitting in a box in someones garage, attic or basement for who knows how long going unused until one day when a friend of mine found it at a garage sale and traded it to me for a guitar and 2 play station games. It came with a printer, a modem, a tape drive and over 30 carts and tapes. It has taken me some time and work but my Vic is up and running. I have not tested the modem or printer yet but the tape drive works beautifully. Of all the tapes and carts that I have tested so far centipede and atlantis are the only ones that are not working.
I had to replace a via chip but other than that the Vic itself is running beautifully. I've already started writing programs with it.
I am running a SD2IEC for memory and have a working 8k ram cart.
I am using a 4 pin commodore power supply on a 2 pin Vic so I had to make my own adapter chord which was easily done using a 2pin appliance chord and a 7 pin din plug.
So far I have been having a lot of fun and I plan on creating many graphic, chip tunes and games.

https://www.facebook.com/Rylis13/media_ ... 929&type=3

So far My favorite games that I've played are
Jungle hunt
Gorf
Donkey Kong
Dragon Fire
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...
randolph.pickle
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: My Vic's alive!!!

Post by randolph.pickle »

Congratulations on your hard won victory! I can tell you as someone who has recently gotten into the VIC, that programming and gaming on the real hardware is absolutely amazing. I hope you have a blast.
sweetlilmre
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: My Vic's alive!!!

Post by sweetlilmre »

I've just discovered that the Tapuino works for vic 20 tap files, so it might be useful to build one: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?63 ... e-Emulator