Anyone going to the NWCGE?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Anyone going to the NWCGE?

Post by KilrPilr »

Hey all
Just wanted to see if anyone is going to the nothwest classic gaming expo this weekend in seattle? I will be there sunday and bringing lots of good trade items. Hope to see you there with your commodore trade goodies.

Leo
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

sounds like a wicked fun event.

are the games mostly computer based, or are there table top games etc..?

just wondering if someone was going to whip out a micro game, and an OGRE duel would break out ')

too bad the event wasn't around June 18th.

the world's first sci fi museum will be opening in seattle that day.

chris
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

I think its mostly going to be console based (atari 2600, colecovision etc) but im hoping to find lots of commodore stuff too. They are all part of classic gaming after all. :)

I would love to see that sci fi museum.Its too bad I wont be near seattle at that time.

Cant wait though.This expo should be great.

Leo
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

there has got to be commodore lovers besides yourself, going there.

i love the intellivision, and wish i was going.
i am certainly up for an all nighter, taking turns with someone, playing Treasure of Tarmin.

not to mention nfl football and nasl soccer!

chris
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I wish I had known about it sooner... just in case you guys are in chicago, we have a big get together in August/September.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

vic user wrote:there has got to be commodore lovers besides yourself, going there.
Man I sure hope so. I got 3 boxes stuffed with trade items and commodore software im taking with me. I hope just one other person is doing the same thing :) Im picking up a guy on my way to the party who is also in to commodore. Man im stoked! :))

vic user wrote:i love the intellivision, and wish i was going.
i am certainly up for an all nighter, taking turns with someone, playing Treasure of Tarmin.

chris
Im absolutely positive there will be lots of intellivision players and stuff there as I believe it is pretty much based on atari 2600, intelli, colecovision and nes. I have fond memories of the intellivision too so if I can get in on a game or 2 I will. I played the shit out of venture on the colecovision system.As well as miner 2049er. I guess they have an atari 2600 competition planned but I wont be in on that one. The more I talk about it the more I wish I was there right now! :D

Leo
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I'll be there. I never drove that far away from chicago!

Look for me, I'll be the only tall skinny black guy walking around with VIC stuff in the entire state of WI. Just say "Hey Jeff" when you see a lanky guy with Commodore stuff. The probability is high that its me.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I forgot to tell you... I went to the event.

Did anyone else go?