VIC-20 "Warm" reset?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Muzz73
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Muzz73 »

There is a user on ebay that sells homemade devices for this. The user's name is "aaascrapdogsunlimited".

I have personally bought the little box with a reset button that attaches to the User Port and it works just fine.

They also sell a smaller one that plugs into the serial bus that serves the same purpose.

They're very handy for someone like me who loves his VIC but isn't terribly handy with a soldering iron.

They work equally well on the C=64.
BCNU,
Louis
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I've never seen a Vic 20 with a worn-out power switch.
RJBowman
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by RJBowman »

Didn't they print plans for this device in Compute magazine?
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

There is one thing about reset switches that bother me. I bought one off ebay to alleviate the use of my power switch. I wanted to use it in conjunction with my "Behr Bonz" cart but when I hit the reset button, the computer came back up with the same game. I was hoping it would boot back up with the "game menu" screen.

Anybody here have any ideas why this is? Thanks.
ken
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by ken »

Barney wrote:There is one thing about reset switches that bother me. I bought one off ebay to alleviate the use of my power switch. I wanted to use it in conjunction with my "Behr Bonz" cart but when I hit the reset button, the computer came back up with the same game. I was hoping it would boot back up with the "game menu" screen.

Anybody here have any ideas why this is? Thanks.

some games have anti reset/anti pirate code in them
for the few games that have that you need to use a little more complex reset switch soldered directly to the c= motherboard
the user port / IEC port resets just do the basic soft reset