Post here everytime you get something new for your Vic

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post here everytime you get something new for your Vic

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I just bought myself a copy of Temple of Apshai for my beloved Vic. I'd been after it for a fair wee while but hadn't had any luck until today. Being the sad geek that I am I wanted to share my joy with you lot so I thought I would steal this thread idea from Lemon!

Anyway, here it is:

So, now that I've started this thread to show off my new purchase maybe some of you would like to share your acquisitions as well... :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

This could be a mega-thread. You realize Mayhem is part of our forum, right?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

That's true. Maybe we could limit Mayhems posts to just 10 a day! ;)

To be honest I don't reckon on people posting too much as I don't think Vic owners buy half the amount of stuff the 64 guys do... It'd just be nice to see what folk actually spend their pocket money on. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

I'm a big collector of Cartridges....especially RAM cartridges. Recently, I bought a 16K ram cartridge by a company called "Plus 80 LTD".
Last edited by Barney on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I saw that one Pedro, was wondering if someone might have it. I got something from the same seller needed for GB20...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

I picked up a few cassette games the other day, and just got around to testing them tonight. I got City Bomber/Minefield and an "action game" three-pack, boxed, from Creative Software. I also picked up in the same lot, a couple tapes with French and English instructions in the insert card, from a company whose name escapes me now. One was called BlockBuster, and the other Time Destroyers (or something like that) - neither loads properly, but I didn't have a lot of time to mess with them.

If anyone actually cares, I'll take and post pics tomorrow.

Also picked up Dragonfire and Demon Attack carts.

I'm just now starting to really collect for the Vic, so I don't have anything near what some of you do -- I like picking up commercially-released cassette games whenever I can.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'd love to see photos of the cassettes. Get to it! :p
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:I saw that one Pedro, was wondering if someone might have it. I got something from the same seller needed for GB20...
Yeah, I've bought a fair few games from this guy. I actually think it's the guy behind Cronosoft (forgotten his name!) but I'm not sure (don't ask me why I think it's him - it's just a hunch!).

I thought the BIN price was maybe a little steeper than I mightve got it in auction but I was tired of waiting! :)
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I got Mathematics I for Vic20. Its still at plastic, never opened 8)
Last edited by Mikam73 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Why people think I'll be posting a lot in here I don't know heh... slowed down my buying in the last couple of years. Anyhow, while I wait for a few things in the mail, I did get a loose tape of Caves of Annod for GB20. If anyone finds the packaging, let me know. Let's hope it transfers okay...
InfernalKeith wrote:I also picked up in the same lot, a couple tapes with French and English instructions in the insert card, from a company whose name escapes me now. One was called BlockBuster, and the other Time Destroyers (or something like that) - neither loads properly, but I didn't have a lot of time to mess with them.
Both by Romik and yes I know the Canadian releases are in both English and French.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hm. Apart from the DC3, FE3 and those OEM carts I should scan, I have in the past two months only added one single VIC-20 tape. I don't know if most of you really pick up new stuff more often?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Since buying the Mega-Cart and the uIEC, I haven't felt much inclination to collect for the VIC. The last things I bought were a 1541C and 200 floppy disks from Bacon, the premium edition of Realms of Quest III and the latest Denial Collection.

I thought about buying the PET keyboard Golan advertised on Lemon and a 1541U, but all my collector energies are focused on the Game Gear. There is an estimated 390 games available for the GG (not including regional variations and special editions) and they are a lot easier to find.

The problem with collecting games for the VIC is that the only games that show up on eBay are common ones like Arcadia and Catcha Snatcha. I'd love to find an original copy of Beast of Eden one day, but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by English Invader on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I don't know. I've seen Beast of Eden a few times. It tends to be found in collections of games or with Vic hardware rather than on it's own... :)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Okay, okay. I know I've posted more in this thread than anybody else but... I just ordered a Final Expansion. I'm quite nervous as I haven't really soldered anything for years and don't even own a soldering iron!

I had intended to beta test one for Didl ages ago but Real Life (tm) got in the way and I never managed to get round to it... :oops: So, now I've bought the full kit including case. Wish me luck in the construction of it!
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Personally, I'm hoping for more goods from Eslapion. He does an excellent job at his Vic 20 hardware projects. :D