Denial Collection 3 now available

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

No, I didn't reply if I got all your information. I am still waiting for a few address confirmations from members to whom I owe trades. I was hoping to make one trip to the post office, but I can't wait much longer. I'll ship tomorrow morning.

There also have a few members in this thread who simply PMed "I want one" and didn't give a mail address nor respond to a reply requesting one. :cry: So, I may have a few sets left over to give away after this.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

See, I wasn't sure if you still had my address Jeff, which is why I PM'ed it later anyhows...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I have yours, Mayhem. I've PMed the members I still need to get postal addresses from.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I stayed up beyond 6am preparing all the packages. Numerous paper-cuts and sore neck. Some members decided to pay early (some even gave beyond the recommended $5 donation for postage), so now the pressure is on to impress them. I really hope this is worth it. (nervous smile) I'll be trudging through frigid winds and snow to mail 40 boxes tomorrow. And I'm excited about that. I just hope I wake up before the post office closes.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Snow? Brr..

Anyway take your time, highly esteemed Professor! :wink:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

Yeah, don't get pneumonia to get them out today. I'm in Ohio and that storm's on its way to us now.

Any donation over the suggested amount should probably be seen as a "thanks, cap'n!" for keeping this place up and running. I haven't been here long but it's become one of my favorite daily 'net stops, and I appreciate the work you've put in. Your devotion to BASIC, unexpanded systems, and real (un-emulated) VIC work is definitely appreciated as well.

Keith
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Ha ha. 5 blocks in insane Chicago winds and blinding snow, carrying 120 pounds...uphill. the post office closed right in my face. I was just minutes too late. I had to carry the whole lot back to my office (at least that walk was downhill). I'll mail them first thing tomorrow. :lol:
carlsson wrote:Anyway take your time, highly esteemed Professor! :wink:
I just learned some kid on that silly ratemyprofessors site is repeatedly bashing me because of a bad grade! Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it sort of feels like slander.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Jeff, I think you underestimate the value of your work in the community.
Jeff-20 wrote:I just learned some kid on that silly ratemyprofessors site is repeatedly bashing me because of a bad grade! Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it sort of feels like slander.
It doesn't seem like a fair system if a single person is allowed to vote and comment multiple times. If it's a defamation of your character, then it may be considered libel. That would be in violation of section 5 of their Terms of Use, so it should be a trivial matter of getting the people behind ratemyprofessor to delete these comments and, if necessary, block the offending poster. Just go here and fill out the appropriate sections:

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ContactUs.jsp
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

120 pounds?!?!?!? :shock: That is like 54 kg. Last week I mailed out a couple of packages, total weight < 15 kg which I thought was too much to carry, using a cart instead.

If that figure is accurate, each box should weigh about 3 lbs = 1.3 kg. Wow, that is almost as much as a whole VIC-20 weighs. Now you really got me curious what is inside the box except for a tape and your artwork.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hyperbole. It just felt like 120 lbs. 5 blocks in snow was no exaggeration.

I'm trying to downplay this project as much as possible, but at this rate, I'm bound to disappoint you! There's actually nothing of real importance in the box. :lol: And the term "artwork" was applied almost entirely to the contents of the tape (art as personal expression, not a work of great beauty).
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Regardless of the artistic 'validity' of your project I'm still impressed by your dedication and willingness to develop and try new ideas on our favourite 'dead' machine. I know I'm going to cherish it :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

Jeff-20 wrote:5 blocks in snow was no exaggeration.
That is dedication! And here in central California, we complain when the weather gets down to 28 F. :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

OMG (I actually have to use the term OMG), custom forms are painful! I had to hand write all of those freaking forms! Each package is just under one pound, so I did exaggerate. The post office ladies yelled at me for bringing in so many boxes in the last hour (I had arrived an hour earlier but spent that time filling out the forms)... postage came to $221.42 and the ladies all laughed at me in a less mean way after I had predicted $200 (avg. 5 bucks a piece for 40, but I ended up mailing just over 30 and Australia is, like, another planet). One said, next christmas, she wants one of whatever it is (I wrote "tape" on the customs forms). That's the end of my post office blog.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Now to see if they make it before Xmas...!

Looks like I might be jumping my donation by $5 to give a little extra to the effort then... many thanks again Jeff :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

No jumps in donations needed; this was a pretty good donation drive. Postage was almost half way pre-paid. Anyway, I didn't really predict how long transit would take. I hope you guys can check in when they arrive, so I can have a sense of how long it takes for things to travel this time of year.

I hope they don't still x-ray boxes!