Denial Collection 3 now available

Discuss anything related to the VIC
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

I don't think there are any left to purchase; it sounded in the other thread like they're all spoken for.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Not true. I have a few possibly available. I think I put 5 aside at the very beginning.

I was holding them because I planned to put two up on ebay to find new VIC users and bring them into the fold. :) I also held two or three as gifts to past donation-making members, but I haven't been able to get in touch with them yet to confirm their current postal addresses.

I already sent one to the wrong address in Australia because of an outdated address... sigh. :(
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Grrr... these are taking a long time via post. 11 of 40 confirmed received. If you are still waiting, let us know. In some strange cases, member in the same country have had different results with the post carriers.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'm still sitting here in the UK waiting for it to arrive. And today's my birthday! I was so hoping it would come today...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

No DC3 for me neither. I even checked my neighbour's post box, since sometimes mail for me ends up in her box and vice versa.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Happy birthday, Pedro!

In Chicago, mail is often stolen or even burned! Mostly, when I lived in a less secure area, mail carriers would inspect packages for possible "goods." Anything shaped like a card would be cut open (just in case the sender put loose cash inside). I imagine my boxes looked like holiday gifts. I just hope Chicago post office workers are not targeting outgoing mail now. :lol: Here's an interesting article on the phenomenon.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:No DC3 for me neither. I even checked my neighbour's post box, since sometimes mail for me ends up in her box and vice versa.
Not only did Boray get his, but I got a return package from him today (a gift mailed after he received his DC3)! Makes me wonder. I'm going to pull the tracking numbers today and check each out.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Jeff-20 wrote: In Chicago, mail is often stolen or even burned! [/url].
And I thought I knew everything about Chicago from the John Hughes films :lol: .

I spent the whole of Christmas Eve watching a documentary about a wilderness survival camp in Alaska. They had to fell trees for fuel, melt ice for water and hunt animals for protein, but they got large packages of mail delivered at regular intervals.

Incidentally, US postal workers get 25% extra wages for working in Alaska.
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Mine hadn't showed up in Austin by December 20th, when I had to go to Belfast for Christmas. I'll be back tomorrow with my fingers crossed!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

December 30 and no DC3 yet. :|

Speaking of return gifts, I sent Jeff a Christmas card on December 15. I haven't seen any comment on it so I suppose it hasn't been delivered or put to fire by naughty mailmen.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

I hijacked my wife's car before she could go to work this morning and found it in the mail. :)
I must live less than 5kms north of Paul Q and we're a week apart in arrival time...lol.
Can't wait to try this puppy out :)
Learning all the time... :)
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Hooray! Made it home a few hours ago and guess what was in the mailbox?

Thanks for the Kwanzaa present Jeff! Beautifully put together package. A work of art. Will make a donation asap.

More comments in the spoiler thread :)
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I received my package 2 days ago.

Thannk you Jeff!!!
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Did you get that thing I sent ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDSCvHsGOcc
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I received my package on December, 31 just in time for my New Year's Eve :wink:

Many thanks Jeff!!!
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.