Denial Collection 3 now available

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

So, is this going to be the first Vic 20 shareware? That would make 2009 the year that the Vic got it's first floppy-based game, it's first 32k game and it's first shareware title!
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Vic got it's first floppy-based game
Incorrect... I've got a Vic20 game from 1983 sitting here on floppy disk ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:
Bugger. Oh well, I was right on 2 counts... :oops:
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:The difference between the tape and disk is slight.
There is one less game though, right?
If you only use emulator, you may still get good use out of the set. Some PC accessibility is included.
I use a real VIC-20 with MegaCart but I've given up on old disk drives and datasettes. The 1541 Ultimate and uIEC are just too convenient. I would be quite pleased to receive an electronic copy (if that's possible) because this all sounds very interesting.

P.S. I sure hope you're considering the Ten Ten Again idea. TT is my favourite of all your games and I still think it would rock on the iPhone but anyway...
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Wilson
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wilson »

This is exciting! I assume that you want payment through the donate button on Denial's main page?
Jeff-20 wrote:I noticed that after waiting for a game to load, I'm more likely to explore its finer details; unlike the average 2.5 seconds I give to roms via emulation.
I completely agree. When I downloaded Gamebase20, it must've taken me a whole 5 minutes to get through 20 games. And most of that time was looking for the next game. Also pressing PLAY and hearing the drive motor gives a certain satisfaction.
I wanted to approach the collection as a musician would assemble an album
I especially like this idea as well as the mystery you're leaving in the details. These days I usually know all about a game before I even play it thanks to the internet. Seriously, I haven't been this excited for a game in years.
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Re: Denial Collection 3 now available

Post by RobertBe »

Jeff-20 wrote:It's a box set and requires a tape drive and joystick (no memory expansion).
No problema. Several datasettes and many joysticks to use. :)
The box version contains seven modest games. A color disk version with six games will also be available on request.
Disk drives galore over here, too. :)

Thanks for this Christmas cheer!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
jsundh
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by jsundh »

Good!! PM sent!
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Mayhem wrote:
Whats that? 8)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Mikam73 wrote:Whats that? 8)
I refer you back to this thread, one you also replied in at the time ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

I want one! PM sent. Very intriguing, and I love the release idea.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

As I duplicate these, I've run into a silly problem. I was test playing. Some programs are severely affected by leaving the PLAY key pressed. I decided to go back and change the code so that the programs will not start until the tape is disengaged.

WAIT 37151,126,26 or maybe WAIT 37152,32,32

But nothing really seems to be working. Do you think it'll be enough just to remind you guys to press STOP on tape before RUNning the programs? Or is there any easier way to halt the program until all the keys are released?

By the way, the units are going... going... but not yet gone. Let any of the regulars know if they've not been to the forum since I've announced it. If I can't make it to WoC, I may as well spend some time recording tapes.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Try WAIT 37137,64,0. It seems to work at least in VICE.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Thanks. That works. Unfortunately, a few of the programs simply don't have space for the extra bytes it would use. So you'll just have to remember: if something doesn't seem right, release the tape keys.

UPDATE: I have many interested persons, but not enough with postal addresses attached. I can only send you the collection if I have your address.

Those who have donated, I'll use your PayPal Address. PM me if you use a different address. Those who want to donate later also must PM a postal address. It has been three years since the last collection, so I don't have current addresses recorded. I'll want to verify your current location.

I'll have to start mailing on the weekdays because I didn't have enough postal addresses today.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

All units are now spoken for. Thanks.
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

Jeff, should I have gotten a reply to my PM if I made it on the list for one of these? Didn't know what the protocol was, still being a relative noob around here. :) Thanks!