VIC-20 Registry?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

BBQedIguana wrote:- PET keys verus "normal" keys?
- beige function keys versus gray function keys
The typeface used on the keyboard is another factor and you best believe we've discussed that topic to death.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
BBQedIguana
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by BBQedIguana »

I've almost got the registry done!! I just have to put a few finishing touches on it, and then double check to make sure the pages are reasonably secure, then I'll shoot the URL to you guys. Should happen maybe today or tomorrow.

SWEET! I might actually finish a project! LOL!
BBQedIguana
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by BBQedIguana »

Hi guys,

Would a few of you give my registry page a try and let me know if it works? I have some more spiffing up to do, but for now I think it captures all the information that we discussed. If I've missed anything, please let me know!

Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://www.deepskies.com/vr/

Rick
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

It looks really nice, will add my Vic when I get home. The Helvetica Font keys is what I'm used to, since my first computer had those. The PET style keys looks really nice though, but those Eurostile (style?) looks horrible.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Heh, heh! Great start. I'll add my main machine over the weekend and I'll get the details from my other Vics the next time I'm back home. :)

I want to see how many 1001's turn up...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Are you likely to add an edit facility in the near future? I accidently listed one of my VICs as NTSC instead of PAL. Also, the level of operation with some of my VIC-20s is not entirely clear at present -- I may need to update some of the information I have given.
BBQedIguana
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by BBQedIguana »

For sure I'll be making changes/additions. I can add "status" or "operating state" or something like that. And edit function will be tougher - without forcing people to log in, how can I ensure someone doesn't edit someone else's entry?
BBQedIguana
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by BBQedIguana »

English Invader wrote:I accidently listed one of my VICs as NTSC instead of PAL.
I fixed that one up for you. :)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I added my normal Vic, I'll see about the 1001 in due course...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Of course you need the Vic-1001 logo in as an option to select ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Bump. No one interested in this? I thought it was a pretty good idea.
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

It's a good idea!

I just have to dig out my VICs and register them. Any day now :wink:
Check out my humble collection of old 'puters an such
http://www.zeela.se
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It is a good idea, it's just that I'm staying in a different town from my Vics at the moment and I didn]t make it back home to get the numbers... :(

I do intend to register them though. Just need a little time... :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I realised that I hadn't registered The Vic I have up here... :oops:

I have done that now but I noticed that you don't have the VC-20 logo. Do you still plan to update the site BBQedIguana? It would be nice to see a 'picture' of the Vic that is registered or at least the logo - just to add a little colour (as is the Vic's selling point!). I would also like to second an editing feature. Maybe you could work together with Jeff to tie your site to the accounts here or something?

PS. When I'm back home I will jot down the serials of my other machines. :)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I suppose I won't switch motherboards or cases anytime soon, so I can add those VIC-20's that are complete. No point in adding those half broken ones missing top half of the case.

By the way, I gave the date of purchase in the form XX/XX/1995. It made the page crash. Whoever administrates the registry can change that date to 01/01/1995 if you like.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image