I had a dream (again!)

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

I had a dream (again!)

Post by carlsson »

A while ago, I again had this dream raiding a toy store on sale which had shelves of common, uncommon and never heard of VIC-20 software. One title more amazing than another, and all for $5-$10 each. In that dream, I loaded one of the games I had bought and was astonished by the presentation, colourful and graphic detail beyond what has previously been seen.

Tonight, I had a similar dream again. I played a rather simple, single screen black and white game which used standard graphics set. Then I found a "backdoor" to get to the next stage, which was a rather simple maze game but featuring colour radiants/shading seldom seen in the best demos. This maze lasted for a while, and then the next part...

.. a full-screen, full-colour, full-motion Half Life looking game with a huge map, interacting characters and totally mind-boggling. It took part in some hospital environment (maybe I've seen too much of E.R. lately). All this within 3.5K memory, or at least I don't remember using memory expansion or multi loading the game (in reality I wouldn't bother if it had to). The game even used colours not previously seen on the VIC, sounds, maybe even speech. It was kind of sad to wake up and find it again was a dream.

Am I obsessed? :roll: I think I could re-create the first black and white part, and maybe the maze minus the colour shading, but that's about it.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Hehehe! I once dreamed that I found some strange way to make hi-res multicolor graphics on the vic. It looked more like amiga graphics... But that was a long time ago...

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

One obsessed more!

You remind me of South Party by Hybris/Nemesis. In the middle, they show a C= 64 demo, that looks quite believable at first, but then ...

I once was co-author of a SF novel, that a friend of mine wrote in school time (about '84-'85). There we mentioned a VIC as control computer for a matter transporter. Ho, hum. ;)

Michael