Mega-Cart Easter Egg Thread

Discuss anything related to the VIC
tlr
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by tlr »

gklinger wrote:
English Invader wrote:Thanks for the tip. I can now offer an easter egg for a game called Killer Comet.
This thread is intended for Easter Eggs in the Mega-Cart proper rather Easter eggs found in the software contained within. Please post your Easter egg elsewhere. Thanks.
How do you insert text in spoiler mode?
Use the following format:

Code: Select all

[quote][color=white][b][size=18]Text entered here will not be directly visible.[/b][/size][/color][/quote]
The background gets rendered as #FAFAFA here, so white doesn't work very well.

This works for me:

Code: Select all

[quote][color=#fafafa][b][size=18]Text entered here will not be directly visible.[/b][/size][/color][/quote]
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I like slow revelation. The whole point of Easter eggs to me is the hunt. It extends the lifespan of a game as you continue to renew you interest.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Centallica wrote:That's like a woman giving you at the written directions before sex of how to satisfy her without you finding the hidden spots yourself :wink:

Then when you're married for a while, you can pull out the list and give it back to her and say take care of yourself, while I hop on :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously: I think that this thread is the best place where to put your Easter Eggs and about how many Easter eggs still undiscovered, well, they are a lot :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

How about just a figure, then? So we know how many Easter eggs there are to be found. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

nbla000 wrote:
Centallica wrote:That's like a woman giving you at the written directions before sex of how to satisfy her without you finding the hidden spots yourself :wink:

Then when you're married for a while, you can pull out the list and give it back to her and say take care of yourself, while I hop on :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're searching for them Easter Eggs on her and you start pulling out lost car keys, tv remote, your watch you lost up there but never did tell her about, that's when Easter Egg hunting becomes not so entertaining, so in a round about way using analgies, it's best to keep them easter eggs hidden :wink:

Oh and btw, I have one dedicated to me (for initial discussion of idea starting) and when you find it, you'll understand why it was :lol:
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
That'll be the naughty Easter egg, then? :!:
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:How about just a figure, then? So we know how many Easter eggs there are to be found. :)
I think about 5% found at the moment... btw most of them are easy to find there is just one hard easter egg to find.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Has nobody found any others? :shock:

Perhaps this stupid riddle will help you find one...

If you're musically inclined, a wormhole will you find. Select to play are a keystroke away and play to select is just as direct.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

nice nursery rhyme :wink:
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

nbla000 wrote:nice nursery rhyme :wink:
Too easy? Too hard? You're a good person to judge as you know which EE I'm referring to. I wanted to move things along a little and this seemed like it might pique interest.
Last edited by gklinger on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

gklinger wrote:Too easy? Too hard? You're a good person to judge as you know which EE I'm referring to.
It's perfect, I think you supplied good clues without take away the pleasure to discover it :wink:

As incentive, working around this EE you may find a minor bug in early Mega-Cart serials, someone discover it too ?

PS: Don't worry, in case you discover this issue you may put back things very easily, no preferences or vital things are involved. :wink:

I prefer to consider this issue as a special Easter Egg for very early Mega-Carts like yours, I don't remember but I think you may find it on Mega-Cart < #30/#40 (just to prevent crazy users :shock:) while the EE you are referring, is present in all Mega-Cart of course :wink:
StarshipUK
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by StarshipUK »

It would be useful to know for the Retro Gaming events I am taking this cart to, incase someone asks for something that is only accessable as an Easter Egg. And I am crap at finding things like this even with hints and clues (even with clear instructions, lol!)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
nbla000 wrote:nice nursery rhyme :wink:
Too easy? Too hard? You're a good person to judge as you know which EE I'm referring to. I wanted to move things along a little and this seemed like it mike pique interest.
I had the theme music from Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood playing in my mind when I was reading it :lol:
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

is the serial number one known yet?

tried a few things but no luck here yet.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Maybe I'm just slow. Can we white out a few of them in quote boxes? :wink:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.