Increasingly Off-Topic Posts to Buy, Sell, and Trade

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Maybe Jeff could add a sticky post,

a) re-stating that this section should only be used for exchanging VIC-20 related items, and

b) giving links to other places where it might be appropriate to trade non-VIC items.
gklinger wrote:I neither asked for nor expected that any posts would be deleted.
At the moment I would leave the other examples you gave alone. If this discussion comes to an conclusion, it should be clear how the moderators should proceed with these.

Second, this one:
Mike wrote:I think keeping 4 year old posts asking for, or offering items is questionable as well.
I have thought over as well. Keeping price information might be a valid reason to keep these old posts.

Michael
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ideally the forum should have garbage collection on certain areas so moderators don't have to spend their spare time deleting old threads that no longer are meaningful.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

Why not just make a new category for "other B/S/T"

VIC in one, other stuff in the other?
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

carlsson wrote:Ideally the forum should have garbage collection on certain areas so moderators don't have to spend their spare time deleting old threads that no longer are meaningful.
It would be really helpful if people were to post in their own for sale threads informing others when/if the items are sold.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Golan,

sorry if I caused an offence here. Should the P500 therefore go to off topic?

I only posted it here as I like the community and gave it 1st refusal.

Re the c64 joysticks I thought there may be parts suitable for Vic users
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

FYI, I thought to begin with we can lock those buy/sell threads where it has been declared matter solved. Not that I think people would keep posting clutter to those threads anyway, just to show we moderators care.

If anyone thinks that is a bad idea, please tell and we won't lock threads on basis of items already sold or bought.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Vic20-Ian wrote:sorry if I caused an offence here.
No offense at all. You did nothing wrong.
Should the P500 therefore go to off topic?
That's what we're trying to figure out. :)

P.S. If you get a chance to take some pictures of your P500, please post them. :)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
ruud
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ruud »

Hallo allemaal,.
carlsson wrote:I think we have two issues on hand:

1) People who may come here just to trade. Up to now mostly selling, but they may also come here trying to grab cheap VIC-20 items to resell.

2) Regulars who sometimes look for or try to sell something that isn't strictly VIC-20 related.
1) I don't mind. It gives us a chance to get a bargain: sometimes people hate to throw things away and give us a chance to buy it. And it is up to a seller to sell this specific item to a newcomer or not. Even if he knows the buyer just wants it for a resell.
2) As already said, selling to/buying from someone you know makes things easier.

In general I have no problems with how things went so far.

Code: Select all

___
   / __|__
  / /  |_/     Met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen
  \ \__|_\
   \___|       URL: www.baltissen.org