DENIAL "code of conduct" development thread.

Discuss anything related to the VIC
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

Jeff-20 wrote:From this date on I would delete any post with a perceived negative tone.
Hear, hear!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
CommVEx v5 info - http://www.commodore.ca/forum and click on ComVEX
channelmaniac
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by channelmaniac »

ral-clan wrote:Yeah. It makes me sad that there even needs to be a "code of conduct" thread, or moderators. I still hold out hope that a really minimal conduct code that is more positive in spirit is all we'll need.
It's all part of the growing pains that every forum eventually experiences.

Some people take offense at everything and have trouble differentiating between a personal attack and a statement.

Personal Attack: You are an idiot
Statement: Don't be an idiot

Heck, even my 10yr old son now understands the difference which is more than I can say for a lot of adults. ;)

RJ
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

Yeah but when you direct a statement like Don't be an idiot at a specific persons post, it is just as bad as calling them an idiot.

While its less negative, its still negative.

....but hopefully the person being told this realizes maybe they were being an idiot... so...

:)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I made a group for moderators. All members of this group can edit all sections. These mods frequent Denial enough to catch any problems in a timely matter. I can start an off topic thread to log any changes made to the forum so we know which mod did what and when (and why if there is any question/objection).

I selected members based on past experience with this forum and lack of conflict with other members. If you have an objections to someone one the list, feel free to PM me.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:I made a group for moderators. All members of this group can edit all sections.
I'm glad to see that you decided to take some of my advice.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

gklinger wrote:
Jeff-20 wrote:I made a group for moderators. All members of this group can edit all sections.
The only reason I didn't have a group before now was because I wanted to balance out the power. Now that I realize there are members completely outside of these conflicts, I can just focus on them for moderation needs. I really hope this is the end of it.

I appreciate all the PMs I am getting, but I hope to talk more about VIC 20 stuff, not forum issues. If there are any problems, I will make adjustments as soon as I can. Let's just see if this works for now.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Clockmeister
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Clockmeister »

Jeff-20 wrote:
gklinger wrote:
The only reason I didn't have a group before now was because I wanted to balance out the power. Now that I realize there are members completely outside of these conflicts, I can just focus on them for moderation needs. I really hope this is the end of it.

I appreciate all the PMs I am getting, but I hope to talk more about VIC 20 stuff, not forum issues. If there are any problems, I will make adjustments as soon as I can. Let's just see if this works for now.
I think you have taken the right approach and I fully support your decision.