EasyLoad+Plus

Discuss anything related to the VIC
nbla000
Salmon Run

EasyLoad+Plus

Post by nbla000 »

During my holidays i kept my old Laptop and this is the result:

EasyLoad+Plus

Now using 8K versions Disk-Menu is included via Menu (CBM+F7) or SYS call.
Added new command "OLD" to restore programs after NEW or Reset but to restore programs loaded with a wrong configuration too, example unexpanded games loaded using 16K, just unexpand (CTRL+F1) and type OLD.
Fixed some small unexpand problems too.
May be other thing too, i don't remember.

For full informations and download visit the EasyLoad home page.

All old related files posted in other thread about EasyLoad/TurboLoad removed, this is the new reference site.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

EasyLoad home page updated, i forgot credits, sorry.

PS: I wish to add a demo video of main features using VICE + Windows XP some freeware suggestion ?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've added a nice flash .swf EasyLoad demo using AutoScreen Recorder 2.1 Trial version.

Just click to the EasyLoad screen, it works with Internet Explorer (do you use it ?) and with Firefox and with other browser using flash plugin.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Wow!

That was pretty cool demo and lots of nice features in latest version of Easyload.

I'm impressed.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I get my best and satisfying experience using the EasyLoad+ 8K ROM version [A0-BF] with the Eslapion's Ultimate Expander using the Rom option ...
:D :D :D

Thank you very much for this! You even put the link to the promotional page! I owe you one!

Request permission to offer EasyLoad+ as an option to purchasers of the Ultimate Expander.

BTW, Easyload is great piece of software. It can be even better than JiffyDOS because it doesn't require to modify your drives and it doesn't remove the tape routines.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

6502dude wrote:Wow!

That was pretty cool demo and lots of nice features in latest version of Easyload.

I'm impressed.
Thanks Brian, you may update the Mega-Cart with the 8K [A0-BF] version and since it work in ram and EasyLoad + Plus is now "B0-BF friendly" you may load the Vic-Mon [B0-BF] after and both EasyLoad and Vic-Mon work, only Disk-Menu is not supported and there is a brief help page.
You may move EasyLoad to another location using (CBM+F7 MENU) too, for Example [04-0F] SYS4000 (3k expansion) so you may use any other tool for [60-7F]/[A0-BF] and use EasyLoad too (not for 3k games obviously) !!!

PS: Now i'm "free" to implement new Mega-Cart Menu features....
eslapion wrote:Thank you very much for this! You even put the link to the promotional page! I owe you one!

Request permission to offer EasyLoad+ as an option to purchasers of the Ultimate Expander.
Yes you have the permission obviously, it's an excellent addition for your ultimate expander, you may mix EasyLoad as you want since there are 4k version for [60-6F] / [70-7F] / [A0-AF] / [B0-BF] and 8k versions for [60-7F] / [A0-BF] with disk-menu V23 support.

PS: now i need to update me too my Ultimate Expander with this new EasyLoad version, new command "OLD" and Disk-Menu support are too much useful !!!
BTW, Easyload is great piece of software. It can be even better than JiffyDOS because it doesn't require to modify your drives and it doesn't remove the tape routines.
Yes, you are right EasyLoad doesn't remove the tape routines and doesn't require to modify your drives / Vic (is the reason why i've not bought JiffyDOS yet) but to say that EasyLoad is better i think is too much.
EasyLoad does not support TurboSave for example, and at least the 1541 JiffyDOS Turbo Load is faster then EasyLoad 1541 Turbo Load, 1581 turbo speed are much more similar.
I think it's a good choice for people that don't want to open Vic/Drive and change roms for any reason (i wish to preserve original hardware as is for example).

I was wonder if EasyLoad and JiffyDOS may work jointly, someone may test EasyLoad with a Vic and a Drive using JiffyDOS ?
Just press F5 to disable EasyLoad Turbo to use JiffyDOS TurboLoad and press F5 again to re-enable EasyLoad Turbo that allow to load TAPES too, i think JiffyDOS TurboSave too must work since i don't modify SAVE pointers.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Just a small bug fix discovered testing the Mega-Cart but that affect all versions.
By pressing just the Restore key you got the same behavior of Run/Stop+Restore.

All versions are fixed now and you may download them from EasyLoad home page.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Another bug discovered, this bug affect all versions when EasyLoad routines aren't on $A000 so BLK5 version too when by using CBM+F7 you move the routines to another memory location: $500, $3000, $5000, $6000, $7000, $B000.
By pressing Run/Stop+Restore, the fastloader and the function keys macros were disabled.

All versions are fixed again and carefully tested, sorry for the inconvenient.

As usual you may download the latest 1.0.2 version from the EasyLoad home page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've discovered a small bug that affect all EasyLoad versions.

If the printer is connected and turned on, the first time you use the command $ or the function key F3, they don't work properly.
Instead of the dir of the first detected drive the Vic goes in loop and you need to hit Run-Stop+Restore for the ready prompt.

To solve the problem with old EasyLoad versions, just when a printer is connected and turned on, you may use the commands $8 or $9 to force a specific drive instead of EasyLoad auto detection or temporarily switch off the printer of course.

All versions are fixed now, the drive auto detection routine now start from 8 to 15 instead of 4 to 30 btw you may use the command $X to manually set a drive X from 4 to 255 if needful.

MegaCart will contain the fixed version of course, now you may autostart EasyLoad+ by holding the F7 key on MegaCart boot, very useful !!!

You may download the latest 1.0.3 version from the EasyLoad home page.
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Your EasyLoad home page doesn't seem to work, at least I could not get it from two different PC's...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Sorry for the inconvenience but my free server was down for about 10 days, luckily now is ok.

Get it from the EasyLoad home page and thanks for the interest.

PS: EasyLoad+ is included to the next to come MegaCart.
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: EasyLoad+Plus

Post by dragos »

Anyone know what was used to build this? THe source is available, but we can't get it to build in anything....
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

where is it then? the links in the previous posts are all dead :(
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by dragos »

0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

you need dasm (http://iancoog.altervista.org/C/dasm2.2 ... _Rev_N.rar) to assemble that file.... and (for some configurations) you also need a binary file called "vic-menu-23.prg" which is not included.
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.