Problems with PM

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Schlowski
NoMess!

Problems with PM

Post by Schlowski »

Hi,

is it only me or is there some problem with PM's?

If I answer a PM, I get after 'sent' a timeout. When looking into my Outbox, the message is just sitting there, but it seems that it won't make its way to the Sentbox :-(

Björg
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Tried to send you a Test-PM, and it seems I do have the same problem.

Michael
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Mmh, no PM in my inbox, but I got 2 (two) confirmation emails that I have received a new private message...

Seems that there is something broken on Denials's side.

Thanks
Björg
Thomas Hechelhammer
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Thomas Hechelhammer »

You have PM.

For being exactly, 2 PMs.

The first returned me an error-message, the second went through.

-- Thomas
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Yip, now it worked, just answered to your PM.
A little bit slow on sending, but at least they are going out now :-)

Björg

Edit: Just sent another PM, no problem, was sent out very fast. Whatever the problem was it seems to be vanished...
Boray
Musical Smurf

Re: Problems with PM

Post by Boray »

Schlowski wrote:When looking into my Outbox, the message is just sitting there, but it seems that it won't make its way to the Sentbox :-(
Isn't it supposed to remain in the outbox until the recipient has read it?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Don't think so, but what do I know about the forum soft...

Normally a post is put into Outbox and sits there until some automated process takes it and sent it to the recipient. Then it will be moved to the Sentbox. At least this is what every mailer knon to me is doing.

Otherwise this wouldn't be a Sentbox but a Readbox... Sorry, couldn't resist this :-)

And just as a prove-of-concept: Now that the PM is working again, the mail just rushes through the Outbox and into the Sentbox and I'm sure the recipient hadn't enough time to read it.

Björg
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Guess what.... I just set one PM to myself and one to "aneurysm" (just took someone who isn't browsing the forum right now). Both PMs got stuck in the outbox. I could see the PM to myself in my inbox. When I had read it, it went from the outbox to the sentbox, while the PM to aneurysm still remains alone in the outbox. So I think it is just like I said....
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Don't think so, but what do I know about the forum soft...
As a programmer I always like to have some escape-sequence out of my own arguments :-)

Björg
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

bbell and I have been working on updating the board's software. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

It seems to work in the same way on the "folkvagn" forum... The folder names are maybe a bit misleading as Björg said, but I think the function is nice so you can see if someone has read the message...